Do you believe that people will and should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighbourhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over €12 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
The Localization team supports and empowers other GoFundMe teams to do their best work. We solve problems of efficiency, scaling processes, and effective decision making for roles across the company. The Product Localization team is responsible for localizing and driving forward GoFundMe’s contents for all languages
At GoFundMe, linguists have the chance to work on various content of our products. Linguists will work to localize Product, Marketing and Support contents to give our international customers the best in class experience. We are looking to build out our Localization Team across the world! We're searching for passionate linguists interested in changing the lives of millions of people for the better and having a real impact on our products' users!
- Translate and Review content from English to Dutch.
- Maintain consistent content for target language by owning English/Dutch glossary.
- Involve in ensuring superior user experience for our users.
- Translate various content using the TMS system.
- Identify opportunities and provide a recommendation for the target countries.
- 5+ years of translating experience from English to Dutch.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Linguistic or Language
- Experience in maintaining glossary for translation.
- Solid experience in Dutch language localization for web products.
- Knowledge of translating support and marketing materials.
- Experience in translating in Smartling platform or other TMS software platform.
- Knowledge of web localization fundamentals.
- Strong communication skills, including written documentation
- Work collaboratively with a highly engaged team
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organisation.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe: