Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
- Lead a team of engineers focused on expanding foundations and building and iterating on consumer facing products to empower global giving and philanthropy on GoFundMe.
- Responsible for growing and inspiring this team of engineers through a combination of coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development.
- Develop an inclusive team in which people are empowered, engaged and inspired to do the best work of their careers.
- Partner with peers in Product Management and Design to craft and evolve the team’s mission, strategy and roadmap. You will enable your team to execute on the roadmap using agile development methodologies.
- Partner with peers to refine success metrics for product and engineering operations and advocate for engineering processes that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- Work closely with Recruiting to help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening and interviewing
- Have 3+ years of software development experience and 2+ years of recent experience managing a fullstack engineering team including front-end and back-end engineers.
- Have a track record of building and retaining diverse, high-performing teams that have the culture of quality and continuous improvement.
- Previously built and shipped high quality consumer facing products in fast-paced, agile product development teams.
- Are a strong communicator with good organizational skills.
- Love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between constructive feedback and career growth.
- Are able to weigh several (often conflicting) constraints and arrive at reasonable trade-offs while making fast decisions.
- Although a leader, you are a great team player who works diligently to connect, collaborate and contribute with other engineering leaders at the company.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...