Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $10 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
Our Donor Experience Team is focused on the donor experience.... obviously. We are looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative engineer to help design, build, and maintain front end services and systems for our Campaign Donors.
Our Payments Team focuses on designing, building and maintaining API's, services, and systems across GoFundMe. We're looking for an enthusiastic and collaborative Senior Software Engineer to join our team and drive key projects. We have a lot of meaningful and challenging projects and features in the core microservices pipeline and we need some help getting it all done!
Day - to - Day
- Participate in code reviews regularly to provide guidance to junior developers, protect our codebase quality, and ensure that features progress at an acceptable pace
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Work closely with teams of engineers as well as product managers, QA and designers
- Tackling interesting and challenging problems at scale
- 5+ years of technical experience and expertise in relevant technologies
- Experience building scalable, performant front-end applications, and working across a wide range of technologies and systems
- Experience with modern JS framework (ReactJS, VueJS, AngularJS, etc)
- We work in languages like Typescript, Python, PHP, frameworks like ReactJS, Redux, Django, and Laravel, and databases like MySQL. Mastery in some of these languages and technologies is desired. However, what we care about most is your general software engineering skills, work ethic, and enthusiasm to learn.
- Strong abilities to write clear, testable, maintainable code and know how to use CS fundamentals when helpful
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Take pride in your work and enjoy working with others
- Seek to improve engineering standards, processes, and culture
Why you’ll love it here...
- We offer competitive pay and excellent benefits. Employees can choose from a wide range of health insurance options, including medical, dental, and vision. We cover 100% of employee premiums and 80% of premiums for spouses and dependents.
- We provide generous maternity and paternity leave, as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
- Employees can enjoy perks such as complimentary lunches, commuter benefits, a $600 wellness stipend, paid volunteer time, and generous sick time and paid time off (Due to COVID-19 employees now get a work from home stipend)
- We encourage our employees to support fundraisers by offering our Gives Back program. Employees can select a fundraiser every week to nominate to receive a donation from the company.
- Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- We offer employee resource groups for women, parents, and the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work and we’re growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...