GoFundMe is the most popular social fundraising site in the world. When somebody finds a need to be filled, local or global, it’s part of GoFundMe’s role to help them succeed by making it easy and safe for others to give online. Over $9 billion has been raised by our customers for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a Top 200 Website in the USA based on traffic with a monthly audience of over 100 million people. To become the trusted brand in social fundraising, we created an easy-to-use product, built a Customer Happiness team that delivers rapid support to our customers, and established the first and only donor protection guarantee in the industry: the GoFundMe Guarantee.
An industry leader, GoFundMe’s Trust & Safety department leverages a variety of technical tools to assist our talented and motivated team in protecting our customers from fraud. By protecting the opportunity to give safely online, we drive growth, strengthen our brand, and do the right thing by our customers.
As a member of the Trust team, you will be responsible for reviewing customer-submitted reports and investigating campaigns accused of fraud or misuse. This is an incredibly fast-paced job where you are required to investigate all options, operate at an impeccable level of consistency, and collaborate to find the right solution in your quest to keep GoFundMe safe. We have built an extraordinary group of driven and intelligent risk professionals who focus on developing their skills and moving the department forward in the exciting new space of social fundraising. We are looking to add talented people who will protect and strengthen our global trusted community and master new techniques and technologies to ensure GoFundMe remains the most trusted place to give online.
- Conduct investigations into campaigns, working with customers and leveraging outside sources to remove fraudulent ones. Specialists spend 3-4 hours in email support each day.
- Carry out the GoFundMe Guarantee by ensuring donors and beneficiaries receive funds lost from misleading or fraudulent behavior. Specialists spend 2-3 hours in various review tools each day.
- Professional development. Specialists have 1-3 hours of project time each day to work on initiatives that push the team and their careers forward.
- Work with law enforcement agencies to assist in the investigation and prosecution of internet criminals.
- Recognize and reverse account security breaches and fraudulent donation activity.
- Work with Community Management, Payment Risk, Legal, payment processor risk teams, and others to ensure campaigns on GoFundMe are legitimate and donations are delivered to the correct parties.
- Field questions and vet campaigns for the go-to-market and Communications team, collaboratively work with all of Trust & Safety, Communications, Marketing, and Customer Operations teams on a regular basis and in emergencies, and become an expert in quickly resolving complicated issues through email, phone, and Slack.
- Identify trends, handle escalations, and ensure safe delivery of funds for beneficiaries.
- Develop a deep understanding of trust-related issues and willingness to experiment with bold, novel solutions in a new industry.
- Consistently improve and enhance our internal processes and systems.
- Interpret data, analyze results, and create risk models, and bring that perspective to the team.
- Provide invaluable security feedback to our Product Team to build Trust & Safety into the GoFundMe platform.
- Exemplify T&S core values (Protect Altruism, Agreement in Action, Find a Solution Together) and embody company and team culture
- Are a consistent high-performer in metrics
- Are an effective problem solver: spots issues or efficiency gains and brings solutions forward
- Exude strong leadership skills
- Will support and implement efforts to connect with San Diego team
- Display natural ability to “think big” and take initiative
- Understand and help guide the vision of the company and team
- See every interaction as a chance to build rapport and strengthen the public perception of GoFundMe
- Are comfortable engaging with government officials and industry leaders
Why you’ll love it here...
- Competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- Your work has real purpose and will help change lives. Really.
- We're a fun, interactive team with a work hard, play hard mentality.
- Our GivesBack program allows employees to nominate campaigns weekly to receive substantial donations.
- We provide lunch, snacks and drinks daily!
- We're growing fast, and celebrate productive accomplishment!
Please note: This is a full-time, onsite job at our Dublin office. No telecommuting.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.