Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe has an ambitious goal of becoming the global “giving layer of the Internet” and we need your help. With over $9 billion raised in donations and more than 50 million donors, GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising platform in the world.
We’re looking for an amazing design professional to lead our Product Design Team. Our team works every day to make it easier for people to help and support each other in times of need. You will work with the entire company to elevate the user experience across GoFundMe's consumer fundraising platform and non-profit fundraising solution.
- Direct management of a dynamic and talented design team. Responsibilities include mentoring them in their careers, helping them to refine their process, and equipping them with the resources they need to execute at a high level.
- Partner with managers and executives to define long term strategies.
- Collaborate with product, management engineering, data, and executive teams to ensure we are delivering amazing user experiences.
- Build strong relationships with customer-facing teams across the company to ensure our priorities reflect our customers' top concerns.
- Assist in hiring designers/researchers to complement the product organization.
- Contribute to the design and shipping of product features.
- Partner with our Data team to uncover user insights through product performance.
- Collaborate with our customer-facing teams handling support tickets to understand product feedback and UX opportunities.
- Collaborate with our international teams to understand product needs in our emerging markets.
- 5 years of hands-on consumer UX design experience
- 1-3 years of managing a team of at least 2 UX designers
- Current portfolio/website showcasing:
- Recent projects in which you contributed as the UX designer
- Recent projects showcasing projects in which you led a team of designers to success.
- Demonstrated history of being a great collaborator with designers, product managers, executives, and engineers.
- Provide clarity in group discussions.
- Comfortable analyzing qualitative and quantitative data to uncover insights related to user experience.
- Able to share your bold visions and secure team and organizational buy-in , excitement and alignment.
- Believe research and design go hand-in-hand to drive great user experience.
- Desire to be involved at all stages of a product life cycle.
- Help all teams within the company to leverage design thinking.
- Proactively provide assistance in anticipation of when others could use your expertise and help
- Believe customer feedback should be considerate of those with a diversity of world views, backgrounds and beliefs.
- Comfortable jumping into design projects using tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Invision.
- Previous experience attracting and hiring design talent.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Our Gives Back program allows employees an opportunity to donate up to $1,000 per week to a GoFundMe of their choosing.
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really.
- We offer plenty of perks, competitive with other Bay Area tech companies.
- We're happy to pay for superb talent and offer full benefits.
More about GoFundMe
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $9 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.