GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day, friends, family and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $5 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets, and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best management teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from Facebook, Twitter, Uber, Change.org, Groupon, YouTube, Linkedin, Intuit, GoPro, and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
After experiencing exponential growth across North America and Europe, we're putting our first team into Australia, and we're looking for the “best of the best” to do it. We need an experienced, local expert to lead our efforts in Australia. You'll develop a strategy based on local insights and manage external communications, community building, marketing, partnerships, and PR initiatives. You'll work with a small team in Australia to execute on local strategy while partnering closely with the product teams to build a top quality experience for GoFundMe campaign organisers. We are a fast growing company and you will have the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and help the company move from strategy to execution.
- Execute on a go-to-market strategy in Australia to increase awareness and use of GoFundMe
- Help tell the stories of our amazing users and our best campaigns in top-tier media and across social media
- Work with some of GoFundMe’s campaign organisers and coach them on how to be successful
- Find great stories and topic events to bring onto the GoFundMe platform
- Develop market and competitive assessments to determine how GoFundMe can best be successful in Australia
- Manage contractors, agencies and work with internal cross-functional teams - eg product and engineering, marketing, communications, etc
- Act as an external spokesperson and evangelise the GoFundMe brand in Australia
- 7+ years of professional experience, preferably in a similar capacity
- Experience working on content creation, online/offline marketing, PR/communications and/or partnerships
- Deep understanding and relationships in the consumer internet market and/or the “giving market” in Australia
- Excellent analytical, communication, and strategic skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a startup environment with a lot of autonomy and self-starting approach
- Have a passion for GoFundMe’s mission and desire to help other people
- Humble attitude with a willingness to shift from high-level strategic thinking to stepping in and helping to drive execution alongside smaller teams
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really.
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work-hard, play-hard mentality.
- Our GivesBack program allows employees to nominate a campaign of their choice to receive a substantial donation.
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits, and issue bonuses.
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
More about GoFundMe
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaign organizers have raised over $5 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.