Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
GoFundMe is the most popular personal fundraising site in the world. Over $5 billion has been raised by our users for their personal causes - making GoFundMe a Top 200 Website in the USA based on traffic with monthly audience of over 100M people. Data is at the center of all decisions and strategy at GoFundMe. The mission of the Senior Data Engineer is to build data platforms that enable data driven business decisions and data products that drive business growth to help build a global culture of peer-to-peer giving.
The Senior Data Engineer will be a key part of our growing Data team to help build scalable data platforms that enable business analytics, data science and data products. This role requires technical expertise in a wide variety of technologies to develop and own our enterprise data warehouse, sourcing data from various databases/web APIs and integrate data with external systems. If you are interested in working in a fast paced environment and like being challenged with fun data problems to solve, come join us.
- Develop and maintain enterprise data warehouse (in Amazon Redshift)
- Create and manage ETL data pipelines (sourcing data from databases, streaming data, various web APIs, etc.)
- Integrate data from data warehouse into 3rd party tools to make data actionable
- Develop and maintain REST API endpoints for data science products
- Provide ongoing maintenance and enhancements to existing data warehouse solutions
- Ensure data quality through automated testing
- Collaborate with analysts, engineers and business users to design solutions
- Research innovative technologies and make continuous improvements
- 3+ years as a data engineer designing, developing and maintaining enterprise data warehouse solutions consisting of structured and unstructured data
- Proficiency with building data pipelines using ETL/data preparation tools
- Experience with web APIs and data integrations across internal and external systems
- Expertise in writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Knowledge of Python, Java, C++ or other scripting languages
- Experience with Spark and Scala
- Good understanding of database architecture and best practices
- Understanding of data science and machine learning technologies a plus
- Experience with event tracking is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really.
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work-hard, play-hard mentality.
- Our Gives Back program allots employees $1,000 per month to donate to the campaign of their choice.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen and "MegaFridge".
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue bonuses.
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
More about GoFundMe...
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $6 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.