Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! With over $5 billion raised in donations and more than 50 million donors, GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Software Engineer to join our small team of very talented engineers. We have a lot of really great features in the pipeline and we need some help getting it all done!.
GoFundMe is looking for a passionate, collaborative, full stack focused engineer to join our growing core engineering team in beautiful Redwood City, CA.
- Development in company RESTful API
- Creating single page apps and/or standalone modules within company existing framework.
- Working in an assigned team with other developers and QA engineers
- Code documentation
- Participating in developers code reviews
- Refactoring legacy code
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- Experience with TDD workflow and unit testing
- Experience with ORM and raw SQL queries using MySQL
- Knowledge of Responsive development using HTML, CSS, SCSS
- Experience building frontend applications using AJAX with backend support
- Strong abilities to identify and troubleshoot bugs
- Ping pong skills and a sense of humor
Why you’ll love it here...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change lives. Really!
- We're a fun, close team of people with a work-hard, play hard mentality.
- Our Gives Back program allots each employee $1,000 per month to donate to the campaign of their choice.
- We take ping-pong very, very seriously.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen and "MegaFridge".
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue performance bonuses.
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
More about GoFundMe
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $5 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.