Do you believe that people with compassion will support one another to create a better world? Well, we do! With over $5 billion raised in donations and more than 50 million donors, GoFundMe is the largest social fundraising community in the world and is just getting started.
We're looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Software Engineer to join our small team of very talented engineers. We have a lot of really great features in the pipeline and we need some help getting it all done! This role will make a huge impact working in all aspects of application development, including our backend.
Desired Skills and Experience...
- Excellent foundation in computer science concepts with strong engineering skills and web application architecture knowledge
- Experience working with services in PHP or Python, MySQL databases, analytics service, version control and deploying with cloud hosting services
- Have worked in all stages of production cycle from prototypes to live production
- Build scalable, low latency, always-on platforms
- Have worked on a consumer facing website
- Can optimize code & pages through various caching systems
- A great attitude and an insatiable desire to deliver excellent work
Working at GoFundMe...
- Your work has real purpose and will be helping to change millions of lives everyday.
- We're a small and growing team of fun people you'll likely enjoy being around.
- Our Gives Back program allots each employee $1,000 per month to donate to the campaign of their choice.
- We have a fully stocked kitchen and "MegaFridge".
- We're happy to pay for superb talent, offer full benefits and issue bonuses.
- We're growing fast! We've got some incredible opportunities ahead.
More about GoFundMe
GoFundMe is changing the way the world gives. Every day friends, family, and members of the community come together to support one another and the causes they care about most. Our campaigners have raised over $5 billion for medical expenses, education, community projects, sports, emergencies, pets and other personal causes and life events--making us the world's largest crowdfunding platform.
GoFundMe has assembled one of the best teams to go build the next leading consumer Internet company - including leaders from LinkedIn, Intuit, Groupon, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, GoPro, Uber and several others. We are also funded by some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Accel, Greylock, TCV, and others.
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.