Godfrey Dadich Partners (GDP) brings together the best of journalism, strategy, and design to deliver The New Editorial—engaging and meaningful communications. From documentary films and long-form journalism to corporate strategies and brand campaigns, GDP helps brands, organizations, and movements tell better stories. GDP was founded in February 2017 by co-CEOs Patrick Godfrey and Scott Dadich. Godfrey co-founded Godfrey Q in 2003, and fourteen years later Dadich joined to lead a new kind of firm. Godfrey Dadich Partners is a part of the kyu Collective. And we’re looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our team.
You have the steady nerves and foresight commonly found in air traffic control rooms. You’ll bring your skills to bear in a fast-moving environment involving multiple deadlines, projects, and personalities. You’ll be responsible for the successful flow of print and digital work between creatives, editors, production gurus, and account management types. You ensure that projects are carried out on time and at the highest level of quality. You’re proactive and willing to pitch in to help teammates—and it helps if you’re an empathetic listener, too.
This is a San Francisco-based role.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develops and updates schedules and project plans based on SOWs, client briefs/proposals, and input from the account and creative leads.
- Ensures teams are briefed properly and that all deliverables, dependencies, timelines, and budgets are understood.
- Works alongside creatives, account managers, editors, and the production team to create compelling and beautiful content.
- Manages the approval process for internal and external stakeholders, in partnership with relevant department and project leads.
- Tracks all assigned projects and keeps department and project lead(s) abreast of workload and day-to-day updates.
- Leads and actively participates in all internal status meetings on assigned accounts.
- Anticipates and communicates team needs, project gating issues, and general updates throughout the project lifecycle.
- Works closely with team leads and the creative resource manager on project resourcing needs.
- Coordinates with account managers and business operations to manage burn reports. and participates in finance reconciliation meetings as needed.
- Leads junior level project managers on assignments.
- ± 5 years of experience working in a project management role within an agency or design studio.
- Deep understanding of the creative and content development process (web, advertising, social,
- etc.) and its critical dependencies.
- Highly collaborative, resourceful, and motivated, the ideal candidate is a self-starter who proactively moves projects forward.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to articulate, document, and present the status of a project and the key dependencies to get it to completion.
- Strong comfort level and flexibility for an organic and iterative design process.
- Extremely well organized with strong attention to detail.
- Familiar with Slack, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Microsoft Office, and Keynote.
- Calm under pressure.
Godfrey Dadich is an organization dedicated to ideas, process, and vision. But we know that true success comes from people. We’re always looking for new collaborators who believe optimism is a strategy for making a better future, and we recognize that great stories come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We’re committed to building a more diverse and inclusive team; we value different points of view and welcome unconventional paths. If your experience doesn’t entirely conform to the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the GDP team.