Godfrey Dadich Partners (GDP) brings together the best of journalism, strategy, and design to deliver The New Editorial—engaging and meaningful communications. From documentary films and longform journalism to corporate strategies and brand campaigns, GDP helps brands, organizations, and movements tell better stories. GDP was founded in February 2017 by co-CEOs Patrick Godfrey and Scott Dadich. Godfrey co-founded Godfrey Q in 2003, and fourteen years later Dadich joined to lead a new kind of firm. Godfrey Dadich Partners is a part of the kyu Collective. And we’re looking for a Senior Brand Strategist to join our team.
The Senior Brand Strategist is the voice of the audience. They uncover insights and identify forces and dynamics that shape the world in which our clients operate. They take these insights and synthesize them into workable briefs and presentations that can be leveraged by our clients and our creative teams.
We’re looking for a Senior Brand Strategist that is ready to jump in and serve as the strategy lead on a mix of B2B and B2C accounts and projects. We are looking for someone who is energized by being part of a small but powerful team of planners tasked with solving a diverse set of client problems.
We need someone who isn’t scared of a blank page.
………..believes variety is the spice of work-life.
……….. prefers shaping things rather than polishing them.
…………thinks strategically and writes creatively.
…………prefers to be on the ground, not in the ivory tower.
This is a San Francisco-based role but we care more about finding the right person than making sure that person is in the right place.
Key responsibilities include:
- Champion the value of strategic planning, internally and externally
- Generate and present creative briefs for creative campaigns and editorial projects to shape strategic thinking and focus
- Build messaging maps, research discussion guides, content strategies, and competitive audits
- Evaluate competitive and category trends to inform strategic recommendations and help clients across industries to navigate what’s happening with their brand
- Craft point-of-view documents that help position creative work in its best light
- Represent the target audience and their needs
- Partner with the editorial team to build editorial strategies
- Partner with account team to ensure client alignment
- Partner with the creative team to develop actionable, audience-centric ideas
- Engage directly with senior clients
- BA or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of agency planning experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to inspire creative and editorial teams to develop great work
- Experience building out assets for client workshops and business development
- Experience designing and managing research
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment across a number of diverse accounts
Godfrey Dadich is an organization dedicated to ideas, process, and vision. But we know that true success comes from people. We’re always looking for new collaborators who believe optimism is a strategy for making a better future, and we recognize that great stories come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We’re committed to building a more diverse and inclusive team; we value different points of view and welcome unconventional paths. If your experience doesn’t entirely conform to the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the GDP team.