Godfrey Dadich Partners combines the best of advertising, journalism, identity, and digital to help brands tell better stories. We are looking for a senior editor to add to our editorial team of journalists and non-fiction storytellers.
This person must have significant experience in non-fiction storytelling and preferably comes from a journalism background. This person must also work with clients to ensure great outcomes: a client service or agency background is a plus.
This person will write and edit as well as work with other writers, editors, and producers—be they on staff, contract, freelance, or those in-house with our clients—helping all of them tell great stories using tools, rules, and conventions of narrative journalism. They will work with clients and our strategy team to develop editorial strategies and approaches, as well as lead on story generation, and execution, and work closely with design, production, and other arms of the firm to assure outstanding integrations. The various media this person will work in includes but are not limited to, long-form magazine-style narrative journalism, fast web-based journalism, podcasts, videos, TV and film, animations, infographics, social media, and live events. They will also shape how the shop approaches editorial projects; recruit new team members and ensure proper staffing and team development; and help set goals for the editorial arm of the firm. They must be comfortable working in highly fluid environments and entrepreneurial-minded in their effort to help our clients achieve their goals.
Further, this person will be a key player in GDP’s work writ large. They will do everything from helping clients find their “why” to contributing to ad campaigns.
This job is based in New York.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Developing relationships and sharing expertise with clients
- Writing, editing, and reporting
- Working with other writers and editors to produce excellent work
- Helping clients find stories and ideas that resonate with them.
- Helping build and execute editorial strategies
- Contribute research and ideas to the creation of podcasts, tv shows, and documentary films.
- Representing the firm to clients
- Writing and editing across disciplines from strategy to social to advertising.
- Journalism experience
- Client or agency experience a plus
- Great presentation and client management skills
- Understanding of both feature-style narratives and faced based web-based storytelling
- Highly collaborative, resourceful, and motivated, the ideal candidate is a self-starter who moves projects forward.
- Excellent research and interviewing skills—must be able to dig out the facts as well as collect and synthesize ideas and trends.
- Strong writing skills; must have the ability to craft a narrative and write with attitude and voice.
- Strong editing skills; must be able to help outside writers improve their work
- Great communication skills; must be able to present themselves in a professional manner with clients.
- Strong comfort level and flexibility for an organic and iterative editorial process
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Familiar with Slack, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and Keynote a plus
Godfrey Dadich is an organization dedicated to ideas, process, and vision. But we know that true success comes from people. We’re always looking for new collaborators who believe optimism is a strategy for making a better future, and we recognize that great stories come from people with all manner of backgrounds and experiences. We’re committed to building a more diverse and inclusive team; we value different points of view and welcome unconventional paths. If your experience doesn’t entirely conform to the qualifications listed above, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the GDP team.