Here at Goalcast we are always looking to grow our creative teams! You will see this role available throughout the year, however hiring may not always be immediate. Applying for this role will put you in a pipeline to be considered for the next available opportunity.
Goalcast is the world’s leading empowering media company, specializing in the production and distribution of transformative short documentaries and original short films. With a growing community of over 40 million people and a monthly viewership of over 500 million, our videos deeply impact lives across the globe. Each one is made to help people recognize their potential, make the tough choices required to change, and live the impossible.
We are looking to further develop our Life Stories show and the Story Producer plays a critical role. The Story Producer is responsible for developing little-known celebrity stories that have a big impact on our audience. We’re looking for a talented writer to join our team who is passionate about pop culture and interested in leveraging existing footage to craft a unique and transformative narrative across episodes.
To succeed in this role you will need to be a creative storyteller who wants to create emotion-driven short documentaries that shift people’s perspective. Life Stories is not another gossip show, it shows the challenges and triumphs that helped shape the world’s best known celebrities. You will be working alongside a video editor to bring your collective vision to life and contribute to a show that will be watched by millions of people around the world.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Write and develop video scripts around celebrities, based on real-life events
- Ensure the story is conveyed during the editing process
- Research and identify key story elements
- Provide guidance on narrative structures
- Identify relevant trending stories
- Craft compelling video titles and social captions
- Co-create stories that go viral
- Collaborate with the creative team and external contributors
- Adhere to the Life Stories brand while identifying ways to innovate our storytelling, treatments and format
Our ideal candidate has:
- Strong storytelling expertise
- Good command of editing, proofreading, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Deep interest in and experience working with celebrity content
- Ability to work on several projects at once
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with digital technology and editing software packages is an asset
- North American based candidates only (International candidates will not be considered)
- 1-3 years of experience as a Scriptwriter or in a relevant role
- Bachelor’s degree in Media, Film or Journalism preferred
Important message: Only the applicants who have been selected to advance will be contacted. To learn more about the entire hiring process please visit workatgoalcast.com.