Glean are looking for a talented, passionate Software Tester who wants to be part of a small, beautifully formed and growing engineering team. We are focussed on pragmatic delivery with quality at the centre of everything we do. We use a mixture of front-end (TypeScript, React) and back-end technologies (JVM / Kotlin), with an automated build pipeline (Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm). We are trusted by the business to own our technology stack and processes and repay this trust by delivering regularly and predictably. We aspire to be the best engineering team we can be, by constantly asking, "given what we know now, is there anything we should change?".
Software Testers are responsible for conducting exploratory testing to ensure the software created by the delivery team meets the needs of the business. You will work with the delivery team and support functions of the business.
The purpose of a test engineer is to verify that delivered software either behaves as expected or to highlight areas where behaviour is not as expected.
Responsibilities - Technical
- Work with the delivery team to create/ modify/ update test strategy for projects.
- Adopt a risk based approach to testing.
- Apply different testing strategies (e.g. manual/ exploratory/ automated) for testing where appropriate, and as informed by the test strategy.
- Produce maintainable tests/ test strategy.
- Focus on testability of delivered solutions.
- Integrate software components and third-party programs.
- Verify and deploy programs and systems.
- Recommend and execute technical improvements.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Learn and develop your technical expertise in areas relevant to Glean.
- Support releases as they progress through test environments to production (live) environments.
Responsibilities - Interpersonal
- Foster a fun, safe environment for delivery based upon trust, collaboration and respect.
- Mentor other delivery team members when you have domain expertise that they have yet to acquire.
- Passionate views, loosely held - argue your point of view passionately but be willing to accept that the needs of others or the group or the business may mean that other approaches are adopted.
- Assume we are all well intentioned and want the best for Glean.
Ways of working
Whilst we love having people in the office, we do support UK remote working, hybrid working and office based employees. We do have expectations for all employees to be in a minimum of once a quarter for company events. We support part time working.
Working arrangements would be discussed at interview.