All offices are currently open, and our employees are back 4 or 5 days a week in Hudson Yards, NY and 3 days a week in all other offices. If you have questions on this policy or the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Company policy requires all employees and visitors to the Hudson Yards, NY office to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Global Atlantic Financial Group is a leader in the U.S. life insurance and annuity industry, serving the needs of individuals and institutions. Global Atlantic is a majority-owned subsidiary of KKR, a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management across multiple strategies and capital markets solutions.
Global Atlantic is looking for a diverse team of talented individuals who reinforce our culture of collaboration and innovation. We are dedicated to the career development of our people because we know they are critical to our long-term success. Join our team and come grow with us.
Global Atlantic is seeking a candidate to join the Financial Reporting & Analysis team. The AVP will assist with analysis and reporting on overall company financial results as well as participate in special projects and research. In addition to possessing the specific qualifications cited below, all candidates must work well within a complex, fast-paced, fluid environment, and possess a proven ability to design and lead operational and accounting change. All candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills. This role will supervise an Associate and a Senior Analyst and be located in our Boston, MA office.
Specific responsibilities may include the following:
- Preparation of GAAP and operating financial results on a monthly and quarterly basis including detailed segment and/or product line reporting and analysis, specifically for the company’s Institutional markets/channel and supporting Ivy investment vehicles
- Coordinate the Institutional/Ivy quarterly close process and assist with preparation of supporting schedules and analysis for internal and external reporting used by senior management and board of directors
- Collect and maintain supporting documentation used for reporting and analysis
- Preparation of financial support for internal SOX sign-off and external audit as well as ad-hoc informational requests from other groups
- Assist in synthesizing and summarizing detailed financial data to create meaningful, high-level, result-oriented analysis used for senior management and board reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree and CPA/CMA professional credentials are strongly preferred
- 8+ years of related accounting and reporting experience, preferably in the life insurance industry and/or in public accounting.
- Strong excel and power point skills.
- Proficiency with Hyperion query tools (HFM, Essbase) and Peoplesoft platforms.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills for creating insightful, actionable reporting.
- Strong technical skills with ability to understand complex products and models
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
Global Atlantic’s total rewards package is reflective of our corporate values, particularly diversity, excellence and innovation, with a focus on inclusion, pay equity, and flexibility. We are proud to support your personal and professional growth and well-being through programs such as educational assistance, virtual physical therapy, remote/onsite fitness reimbursement, a medical second opinion program, pet insurance, military leave, parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility and family planning coverage. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
We are active in our communities-
- New York: Red Hook Conservancy, Girls Who Invest and The Bowery Mission
- Boston: Cradles to Crayons, Project Bread, Let’s Get Ready, Rise Against Hunger, Salvation Army and many other local volunteer organizations in around the Boston area
- Hartford: Habitat for Humanity, Foodshare, Humane Society, Hands on Hartford, Mercy Shelter and Dog Star Rescue
- Indianapolis: Elevate Indianapolis, Gleaners Food Bank and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Batesville: American Cancer Society Relay for Life, Angels of Giving, Margaret Mary Health Foundation, Ripley County Community Foundation, Safe Passage, Batesville High School Sponsorships, local area youth sports and food pantries, as well as many others
- Des Moines: United Way, Central Iowa Shelter & Services, Junior Achievement of Central Iowa and Make a Wish Foundation
- Berwyn: Food drive and will be planning an event to help a local family over the holidays
- Atlanta: Packaged Good Organization, which helps the most vulnerable community members with providing personalized care packages for people in need including the elderly, our armed forces, the homeless and hospitalized kids
- Bermuda: Sponsor of a weekly feeding program operated by The Hamilton Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Employees who require an accommodation to perform the essential functions of their job will participate in an interactive process which may include providing documentation. If you are hired and require an accommodation for any protected status, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the links below to learn more about Global Atlantic.