HEAD OF FINANCE
Freeform is a stealth mode metal 3D printing startup founded on the belief that transforming the way things are made is essential to making the world a better place. Our advanced technology stack lies at the intersection of hardware, software, and data science, creating the foundation for the world’s first fully autonomous and scalable manufacturing system. Our core team hails from several of the world’s most innovative companies such as SpaceX, Hyperloop, and Blue Origin, and we have secured significant funding from several of Silicon Valley’s top venture capital firms.
As the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for company-wide activities regarding strategic finance, corporate development, accounting and purchasing. You will be responsible for setting our financial strategy as a VC backed start up that is now generating revenue, and you will ensure a wide variety of things are done including tracking and forecasting company spend, developing financial models for operating and engineering costs, working with our business development team on pricing models, participating in further venture capital fundraises, overseeing vendors and contractors, and maintaining financial / tax compliance. You will also be responsible for working with engineering teams on procurement efforts including identifying critical suppliers for raw material, hardware, and subassemblies, negotiating prices, and ensuring deliveries are met. This is a wide-ranging and high-impact opportunity for someone with a mix of finance, operations, and corporate development experience to work on many aspects of the business and help us scale into a global enterprise.
- Forecast and track monthly, quarterly and yearly spending across operations, personnel, consulting and engineering / manufacturing.
- Provide insight into spending trends and recommend areas of improvement to C-level executives.
- Manage spending and strategies to reduce costs related to categories such as capital equipment, industrial supplies, chemicals and raw material, as well as non-engineering categories.
- Support executive team in the fundraising process including target identification, due diligence requests and managing debt facilities.
- Partner with engineering organization to identify, onboard and manage vendors and suppliers; perform price and contract negotiations; manage purchase orders.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual state and federal tax filings and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Manage company banking and legal relationships.
- Project manage tenant improvement initiatives. Coordinate activities with building ownership, legal advisors, city agencies and contractors.
- Perform month-end closing; reconcile accounts payable and accounts receivable activities.
- Strategize and execute ways to improve operational efficiency, reduce spend, and lower costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or engineering.
- 7+ years of professional experience in finance
- Financial or operational experience working in a hardware, manufacturing, or similar engineering environment
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business or supply chain.
- 10+ years of professional experience.
- Experience working in a VC backed, tech startup environment.
- Experience in technical procurement.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar enterprise financial system implementations.
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA).
- Experience working directly with C-level executives and investors.
- “No job too big or small” mindset.
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills.
- We are located in Hawthorne in a 35,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility featuring large open spaces for team collaboration, R&D, and production, as well as easy access to the 405, 105, and 110 freeways. Our facility is in the heart of LA’s vibrant emerging tech ecosystem alongside many other high growth start-ups and enterprises.
- We have an inclusive and diverse culture that values collaboration, learning and making deliberate data-driven decisions.
- We offer a competitive compensation package that includes significant equity in the company, as well as a full suite of additional benefits including premium health care (medical, dental, and vision) and life insurance, generous Paid Parental Leave and extended transition back to work for birthing parent, 401K, and PTO.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, flexible work hours, a fully stocked kitchenette, free parking, daily paid for lunches and regular catered team building events.
- Freeform is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity; employment with Freeform is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.