Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Product Manager to join our Places team. Our POI data is at the core of all of our location services with over 100mm locations built through a wide range of sources including our 50k+ user base. From restaurants to bars, stores to parks, hotels to colleges, our database spans every type of point-of-interest across the world. The Foursquare places database (now combined with Factual) is considered the largest and highest quality independent dataset in the world. In addition to powering our branded products, Places is the location layer for the internet, powering the location features of tens of thousands developers, including Apple, Microsoft, Uber and many more.
You’ll be responsible for developing and overseeing a wide range of roadmap initiatives and working with a cross-functional team to bring these to market. Your role will be to continue to develop our Places database into the most comprehensive and highest quality source of location data and expand the use cases we can support to meet the needs of both Foursquare products and external developers.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Own a well-defined set of product features throughout the entire product lifecycle -- from vision to execution. Define and prioritize the product roadmap; cultivate consensus and buy-in across a diverse range of stakeholders
- Develop product requirements through user interviews, market research, competitive analysis, and feedback from client-facing teams. Develop, test, and refine MVPs
- Partner with engineering to manage day-to-day product development, ensuring projects are well scoped, clearly communicated, and tracking on time
- Communicate status and challenges to upper management and across to stakeholders as you work cross-functionally with other teams to execute features and ensure a cohesive integration across the broader organization, e.g., review and provide feedback on roadmaps, strategic plans and feature specs
- Drive the go-to-market strategy for new product features and partnerships, and collaborate with our GTM team to execute against plan
- Work closely with other product teams to drive innovation and synergy across our Places offering
- Experience: 3-5 years professional working experience either as a PM or in another technical or analytical function such as business/product analyst, engineering/sales engineering
- Technical: You are comfortable working with engineering leadership to prioritize broadly and you understand technical complexities of your product areas
- UX: You are passionate about creating intuitive, simple user experiences. You have a strong eye for usability and quality design. You are a strong partner to and advocate for design.
- Analytical: You’re detail-oriented and can construct a narrative for using data in order to drive the decision making process
- Communication: You’re a strong communicator, both written and orally. You enjoy working with complex concepts and distilling them down so that anyone can understand them. You’re comfortable working cross functionally with stakeholders and can manage competing needs to drive alignment and resolution
- Organizational skills: You can juggle multiple projects, effectively working with senior members of the team to prioritize and focus on the most impactful work for the product
- Diplomatic: You know how to work with all different types of personalities, and can navigate tough conversations.
- Adaptive: You are curious, optimistic and a skilled problem-solver. You embrace the unknown and are able to adapt to shifts in priorities. You look outside your day to day to ensure you keep learning and growing.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.