Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the team:
The BI team is responsible for integrating, synthesizing and interpreting critical business data. We provide critical support to the business by creating sophisticated reporting tools that the business can use on data-driven decisions and we deliver deep dive analysis to measure results of actions that we have taken or to answer challenging business questions. We are still a fairly new team and there are a lot of exciting projects where you can build value from scratch, including (but not limited to) discovering new KPIs to better understand the business and exposing new usage data that our business users could not access before.
About the role:
This role reports directly to the VP, Business Intelligence. You will drive insights and analytics on key company products. You will engage with Sales, Client Solutions and Product teams to uncover trends, define new KPI, gather requirements and create automated visualizations in Tableau that will answer key strategic questions and provide business visibility. You will also manage one resource owning key data cleanup and monthly reporting coordination.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Interpret and report on trends across our customers and distribution channels
- Collaborate with cross functional teams representing analytics POV for solving complex problems
- Define analytical frameworks to quantify product initiatives, optimization tests and customer behavior
- Develop and update Tableau dashboards and ad hoc visualizations for Sales, Client Solutions, Product and Executive teams
- Uncover, define and monitor key revenue drivers that help explain and anticipate revenue changes
- Monitor and ensure accuracy of revenue data ingestion into the reporting data warehouse
- 8+ years of relevant business analysis experience in Business Intelligence, Finance, Revenue Analytics roles
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to form and test hypotheses and draw relevant conclusions
- Well-organized, data driven and comfortable managing multiple projects/ stakeholders
- Proven ability to build strong cooperative working relationships with business partners/ department heads/ coworkers
- Ability to synthesize data into a clear story for both internal and external constituents
- Ability to embrace new technology, applications and solutions
- Advanced Tableau skills (or other visualization tools)
- Advanced Excel skills
- BA or BS degree
Nice to have:
- Experience with working with Salesforce
- SQL Experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.