Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
The data engineering team owns critical pieces of the machine learning and analytics platforms. This team helps to build data processing infrastructure to derive insights from billions of location data points every day. Help us build and collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Data Science teams to create tools and processes to bring research and machine learning models to production.
- Work with the Data Science team to bring machine learning models into production.
- Build and run Big Data processing pipelines.
- Write, deploy, and monitor services for data access by systems across our infrastructure.
- Focus on performance, throughput, and latency throughout our architecture.
- Write test automation, conduct code reviews, and take end-to-end ownership of deployments to production.
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 1-4 years of software development experience
- Professional experience in at least one of Python, Java, Scala, or Ruby
- Professional experience with at least one of Hadoop MapReduce and/or Spark data processing pipelines, analytics systems (e.g. OLAP, BI tools), or machine learning technologies.
- Strong algorithms and data structures knowledge.
- Comfort with Unix/Linux and the command line.
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, Travis, TeamCity, and CircleCI.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration systems like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Startup experience or experience at marketing or ad-tech data companies: RTB / real-time bidding. DSP / demand-side platform.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.