Foursquare is the leading independent location data company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our data help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. The billions of consumer-verified place visits help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with over 100 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About our Data Science Team:
As a member of Foursquare’s data science team, you will gain experience building real data analytics and machine learning models for various products from the ground up. We're passionate about tackling tough challenges in the location space and look for others who like to dive deep into our big data and help solve challenging problems.
Join us and help bring our feature ideas (and your own!) out of Slack and into reality. You will work on the development of machine learning models and advanced data analytics to process and derive insights from billions of location data points every day. Here are some high-level areas you could contribute to:
- Resolve/link identities from different platforms using graph analytics
- Build machine learning models to predict user categories (demographics)
- Stabilize and debiase our data stream of place visits
- Communicate the experimental results clearly, both within the group as well as to the product and business teams
- MS or PhD student in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
- Solid understanding of statistics and machine learning fundamentals (supervised/unsupervised models)
- Hands on experience in executing data analysis with Python and SQL
- Ability to understand complex business and data systems
- Versatility and willingness to learn new technologies on the job
- Bonus points for any of the following:
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, AWS EMR or similar big data frameworks
- Experience in programming or scripting to enable ETL development
- Experience in big data analytics
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.