Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the role:
As a Revenue Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing all billing and collections operations, as well as proper revenue recognition of deals. This includes, among other responsibilities, liaising with clients to ensure reconciliation of billable amounts, coordinating with sales teams to ensure data is appropriately entered into Salesforce, and working with Accounting to ensure account balances are appropriately reflected in Netsuite. This individual will have the opportunity to be a key player in shaping processes and controls. Candidates are expected to have a high aptitude and enthusiasm for conducting financial analysis; have demonstrated problem solving skills; and the ability to thrive in fast paced environments and work independently.
This position reports to the Director of Accounting, and will also work closely with the rest of Finance as well as various teams within the Sales organization.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Oversee complex billing requirements and revenue recognition procedures, ensuring clients are billed timely and accurately
- Coordinate with various Sales and Finance teams to develop, implement, and maintain key policies and procedures for billing, credit and collections, and revenue recognition
- Identify opportunities for the design, documentation, and implementation of process improvements and increased controls to support the Company’s growing operations
- Manage the Billing team (currently a team of three) in supporting the overall growth of the company by helping to oversee the collections process, analyze all outstanding Accounts Receivable, and track cash collections performance and related metrics (e.g. DSO, etc.)
- Develop and implement credit policies and procedures for new and existing customers
- Oversee revenue accounting operations as key stakeholder in the Order to Cash cycle, ensuring accurate and timely reporting of revenue and revenue-related accounts
- Review revenue contracts and document revenue recognition treatment and issues in accordance with ASC 606, and internal revenue policies
- Ensure we are up to date on sales tax compliance across all products and jurisdictions, including competing all required sale tax filings
- Partner with the Financial Planning & Analysis team in forecasting cash, Accounts Receivable, and other AR-related accounts
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to support contract negotiations and provide solutions that align with business objectives and ensure compliance with revenue recognition policies
- Additional other duties and responsibilities, as directed by the Director of Accounting and VP of Finance
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in Accounting or Finance roles
- Mix of Big 4 and industry experience preferred
- CPA preferred, but not required
- Experience managing and overseeing the development of a team as well as individuals
- Strong understanding of GAAP, specifically with ASC 605, 606, and other revenue-related guidelines
- Good proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Salesforce, and G-Suite
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate complex financial information to non-financial audiences
- Must be a proactive & highly organized self-starter, able to work independently and under tight deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate excellent judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential and highly sensitive financial or other information
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.