Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About this Position:
Foursquare has built a world class sales organization with a mission of reinventing the way marketers connect with consumers based on our highly accurate 1st party location data being leveraged in programmatic exchanges via our Pinpoint product. Our trading team is responsible for the management and optimization of media campaigns using programmatic buying channels and platforms. This role will be responsible for setting up, trafficking, optimizing, and monitoring media campaigns across multiple advertising channels. Analyzing data and identifying behavioral trends for optimizations will also be key components of the role.
- Campaign management - setup, traffic ad tags, monitor pacing and optimize campaign performance across multiple DSPs
- Troubleshooting - Help to decipher reporting inconsistencies with 3rd party ad servers, ad verification vendors and attribution solutions providers. Identify ad serving issues, inventory quality opportunities, and other hurdles in executing seamless and successful campaigns
- Team collaboration - work with the trading, sales ops, client solutions and sales planning to form a strategically sound plans, execute, and report on media campaigns
- Reporting - use Datorama, Asana, Salesforce and other tools to track, analyze and optimize media campaigns
- Insights - Dig into campaign performance to look for campaign and optimization insights to share with clients and use for campaign performance improvements
- Cross-functional communication - work with engineering, product management, sales, and measurement to identify opportunities for growth and product enhancements
- 2-4 years managing online advertising campaigns, working with ad exchanges, DMPs, ad servers, viewability and brand safety vendors
- Working directly in DSPs to traffic and manage campaigns
- Experience with combining large data sets and methodologies for analyzing and understanding data
- Thorough understanding of RTB
- Excellent communication, presentation, prioritization, and organizational skills, and a strong commitment to detail
- Self-motivated team player comfortable in a small, intense, high-growth startup environment
- Extremely professional and positive demeanor
- Willingness to put in the time and effort to learn and complete any tasks
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.