Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the team:
The Business Development team at Foursquare establishes global distribution, channel and reseller partnerships that make it easy for our direct customers to transact, consume, and adopt more of Foursquare’s products, services and data. We drive revenue growth by implementing strategic initiatives, negotiating terms, and collaborate closely with our Sales, Product and Marketing teams.
About the role:
You will be responsible for accelerating the adoption and consumption of Foursquare’s data products within a select group of Enterprise software and cloud partners, with the primary objective of driving direct and indirect revenue (i.e. leads for the direct sales team).
On a day-to-day basis, you will be engaging with key stakeholders (internally and externally) across multiple functions at varying seniority levels. Your partners should walk away from every interaction with the impression that Foursquare is constantly setting a new standard of excellence for what it means to be a preferred data partner. Additionally, you will work with Product & GTM leaders to ensure that Foursquare is properly positioning our products to achieve quarterly and yearly pipeline and revenue goals.
Responsibilities of the role
- Your primary responsibility will be to identify, develop, and lead Foursquare partnerships in order to drive direct or indirect revenue for our Places and Analytics products from the partner’s customer base Work on regular pipeline, opportunity registration, and business reviews with selected partners
- Understand how each partnership you work on is beneficial for our end customers. Work with marketing to translate that understanding into GTM activities or collateral that evangelize the customer benefits.
- Negotiate commercial terms and contracts with partners.
- Ensure that the selected partners have a best-in-class experience as a Foursquare partner. Act as the day-to-day contact for key channel partner contacts, ensuring timelines are met, and that your partners are receiving the support and resources they need to influence deals in Foursquare’s favor.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our sales, customer success, marketing and engineering teams to create Win-Win-Win scenarios.
- Be a champion for your partners both internally and externally.
- Prioritize your time and efforts to maximize impact.
- 5+ years in partner sales, channel sales, and/or alliance development, ideally in the software/technology industry
- Extensive customer-facing or partner-facing experience
- Verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Experience working at or with large ISVs (e.g. ESRI, Tableau, Databricks) or with large systems integrators (e.g. Accenture, Cognizant, Slalom)
Nice to have:
- 2+ years experience building/managing pipelines, revenue growth targets, and go-to-market strategies
- Developed and operated one or more global partner programs
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently with dozens of stakeholders, and synthesize their needs to engineering, product, legal, and finance teams.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter
- Welcome ambiguity, utilizing it to shape strategic thinking
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.