Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients - and 50+ of the Fortune 100 - choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual and Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc., and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, and Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking to hire an Engineering Manager to lead our Targeting Interfaces Team. This full-stack team owns and develops Foursquare's industry-leading targeting products: Audience Designer powered by Factual and Audience Proximity powered by Factual. These products enable the world's largest mobile advertising and technology companies to build highly-customized, scalable audiences based on real-world consumer behavior.
This role manages a talented group of individuals that creates engaging customer experiences and designs highly available backend systems. Additionally, this role will help reshape the way customers interact with Foursquare's product suite. With our recent acquisitions of Placed and Factual, we have ample opportunity to create powerful cross-product integrations. In this highly collaborative role, this individual will collaborate with Data Engineering, Client Success, and Product to invent the future of location. This person will enable the team to do the best work of their careers by embracing growth and learning from failure. This individual is accountable for the team’s execution and ability to ship high-quality software in a fast-paced environment while establishing the technical direction and roadmaps to achieve our lofty goals. We're excited at the level of impact this role will have here!
We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager or a Senior Engineering Manager depending on your experience.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage and coach a team of talented junior and senior engineers
- Own the team's technical roadmap and direction, working closely with Product Management, Client Success, Data Engineering, and stakeholders to achieve company goals
- Manage the development of scalable and robust customer web applications and APIs
- Identify and track critical diagnostic metrics for the health and growth of our core products
- Partner with engineering, product teams, and department stakeholders to drive forward broader engineering and company initiatives
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years managing an engineering team
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey intricate systems and logic to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to promote employee engagement and align teams toward company goals and vision
- Proficient in capacity planning and project management, ensuring consistent and predictable deliveries
- Track record of reliably shipping and scaling high-quality products as an individual contributor and manager
- Excellent problem solving and systems debugging skills
- Hands on experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, testing, and operation
- Understand modern full-stack application architecture, familiar with deployment process and monitoring tools
- Strong desire to tackle large-scale problems and build software used by thousands of high-profile clients
- Excellent organization, prioritization, and time management skills
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.