Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100—choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual and Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc., and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About the Team
The Client Solutions Engineering team is responsible for prototyping, custom and interim solutions that help Foursquare go-to-market faster and meet the needs of our clients and partners. We work directly with clients and partners providing technical guidance and making sure they are able to use Foursquare products and data effectively. We are a high-impact team of developers working on the bleeding edge of the full suite of Foursquare products and data working closely with our Sales Engineering, Client Success and Product Management teams as well as with clients and partners.
About the role
As a Client Solutions Engineer working on our Ad Tech and Developer products you are instrumental to client success. You use your curiosity and persistence to troubleshoot SDK integrations, API behavior and internal workflows. You enjoy helping others solve problems and be more effective. You use your strong organizational and communication skills to help clients use our products - providing technical documentation, guidance and recommendations as needed. Your first-hand experience with clients helps you understand and advocate for client needs internally with product and engineering. This role can be based in LA, Seattle, New York or Chicago.
Responsibilities of the role
- Provide developers documentation to help them use our products - everything from integration and onboarding guides to FAQs and Postman Collections
- Act as the first technical point of contact - providing support internally and externally for Foursquare products and data
- Explore, develop and maintain custom solutions that help internal stakeholders and our clients use our products in new and exciting ways and enable our product team to gather early market feedback
- 2-3 years experience in Technical Support, Technical Account Management, Developer Evangelist or similar roles.
- 1 year or more experience with APIs, SDKs and/or mobile development
- Familiarity with at least one programming language (we use Python and Ruby primarily)
- Basic proficiency with Shell scripting and command-line utilities
- Basic proficiency with SQL (we use Postgres and Hive) or NoSQL (Mongo)
- Well-versed in reading code, technical documentation, and stack traces
- Experience with explaining technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- A degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience with working across several teams (technical and non-technical) in a cross-functional role
- Experience with AWS
- An understanding of AdTech and Location/GIS industries and data
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.