Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100—choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual and Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc., and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About the Team:
Our global customers are diverse and include the largest Internet and technology companies, leading advertising agencies, massive technology and data platforms and leaders across financial services, retail, automotive and many more industries.
These customer relationships are won, managed and grown by the Sales and Customer Solutions teams, which comprise all customer-facing revenue-generating teams at Foursquare.
Every team has a critical role to play in ensuring that Foursquare remains the first choice for our customers.
About the role:
As Head of TV, you will be responsible for defining and executing Foursquare’s Advanced TV business, encompassing Connected, Data-Driven Linear and Addressable TV. Location data has increasing importance to analytics, targeting and measurement of advertising on Advanced TV platforms and in this role, you will be responsible for accelerating our efforts in this exciting and high growth area of the market and our business.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Define and execute Foursquare’s Advanced TV go-to-market strategy across sales strategy, business development and product requirements
- Own delivery of Advanced TV revenue and other related business goals
- Operate as both a senior individual contributor and cross-functional leader to meet and exceed growth objectives for the Advanced TV business
- Collaborate with Sales, Business Development, Product Management and Marketing to achieve business objectives
- Educate and inform internal and external audiences on the rapidly changing Advanced TV ecosystem - be the domain expert for this category inside Foursquare
- 8+ years experience in the TV ecosystem with recent experience in the growth of Advanced TV
- Highly skilled operating in a cross-functional role and at developing a business within a business
- Extensive and relevant industry network that can accelerate activity within the Advanced TV ecosystem
- Comprehensive knowledge of linear/digital advertising (including mobile and social)
- Outstanding communication skills in all forms: written, presentations, negotiations
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA or MSc Degree nice to have
Nice to have:
- Familiarity and understanding of the location data market
- Knowledge of advanced data sets in the media space (ex: Nielsen, comScore, Krux, Experian, etc.)
- Knowledge of advertiser side data solutions (NCS, NBI, IRI, NPD, JD Power, Rentrak Studio, etc.)
- Knowledge of data integration techniques and processes
- Knowledge of Advanced TV technology and key vendors
- Knowledge of programmatic solutions and technology providers in market for linear (ex: Adobe, Clypd, Simulmedia, AdCuratio)
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.