Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clients—including more than 50% of the Fortune 100—choose Foursquare.
Foursquare’s toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual and Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze and identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter and Uber; and optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago and Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc, and then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners and more.
About the role:
We’re looking for an SVP of Marketing in either NYC or LA. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will partner closely with the executive team to develop and execute a holistic marketing strategy that drives rapid growth for Foursquare as the undisputed leader in location data and technology. To be successful, candidates must be innately strategic, results-oriented, and come with the ability to develop and launch scalable global processes that drive customer acquisition and retention, articulate a compelling story on the importance of location solutions and further elevate Foursquare’s brand and reputation in an increasingly privacy-focused market.
- Work hand-in-hand with Sales, Client Solutions and Product Management to create a compelling Go-To-Market plan that propels Foursquare into its next phase of revenue growth
- Lead and empower a high-performing, collaborative team of marketers across brand, design, performance, communications and PR, content, product marketing, and lead generation. Drive vision and oversee efforts across these functions.
- Conceptualize and implement a Foursquare marketing roadmap and translate those concepts into actionable quarterly targets
- Collaborate with business leaders to clearly define and establish marketing-specific metrics that have a direct impact on company revenue goals
- Lead the overall planning, development and alignment of Foursquare’s external presence and brand across our suite of products to increase salience for our customers, partners, prospects, and the press
- Own messaging in partnership with Product Marketing and Sales to stay ahead of market trends, create a constant feedback loop with our customer’s needs, and establish differentiated market positioning
- Deploy and optimize a cutting-edge marketing automation stack to ensure scalable and cost-effective marketing operations processes with demonstrable ROI
- Oversee internal communications to ensure all employees are updated on key company messages and clearly understand the Foursquare brand’s vision and values
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 12+ years of direct hands-on marketing experience in B2B Enterprise, SaaS, and AdTech
- Prior experience successfully building and leading a team of 10+, including remote employees
- Unique curiosity and knowledge of the location space is ideal
- Proven the ability to help scale a business from its growth stages to the next level and/or experience at a start-up where you you’ve built a brand from the ground up
- Experience working across European and Asia-Pacific markets
- A track record of quantifiable results and success
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Excellent creative and story-teller instincts
- A bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.