Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date
About this position:
We are looking for a Channel Partnerships Manager to accelerate the growth and adoption of Foursquare’s Data Products (Places Data & Visit Feeds) within a select group of Channel Partners by driving joint training, enablement, marketing, and relationship-building initiatives with the primary objective of driving direct and indirect revenue (i.e. leads for the direct sales team).
The Channel Partnerships Manager will play a key role in Foursquare’s growth strategy ensuring that Consultancies, GIS Platforms, and Data Marketplaces endorse Foursquare as the defacto market leader for privacy-compliant, location data.
From day to day, the Channel Partnerships Manager will engage with key partner stakeholders across multiple functions at varying seniority levels. This requires the individual to have a skill-set that ensures the partner walks away from every interaction with the impression that Foursquare is constantly setting a new standard of excellence for what it means to be a preferred data partner. The individual will also benefit from having strong communication skills (both in-person and in-writing) with a good sense of prioritization based on individual and team goals.
- The primary responsibility of the Partnerships Manager will be to develop, lead, and manage Foursquare partnerships in order to drive direct or indirect revenue from the partner’s customer base.
- Work on regular pipeline, opportunity registration, and business reviews with selected partners to manage progress against business plan and core KPIs
- Ensure that the selected partners have a best-in-class experience as a Foursquare partner. Act as the day-to-day contact for key Channel Partner contacts, ensuring timelines are met, and that partners are receiving the support and resources they need to influence deals in Foursquare’s favor.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our sales, customer success, solutions and engineering teams to create Win-Win-Win scenarios and be a champion for your partners both internally and externally.
- 5+ years in partner sales, channel sales, and/or alliance development, ideally in the software/technology industry
- Experience working with partners through account management, product management, program management and business development engagements
- 2+ years experience managing pipelines, revenue growth targets, and go-to-market strategies
- Extensive customer-facing or partner-facing experience
- Verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
- Direct experience working with AWS (of if you’ve been an employee at a large AWS partner) or ESRI
- Developed and operated one or more global partner programs
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently with dozens of stakeholders, and synthesize their needs to engineering, product, legal, and finance teams.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter
- Welcome ambiguity, utilizing it to shape strategic thinking.
- Live in, near, or willing to relocate to preferred office locations: Chicago, New York, Seattle, or San Francisco
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.