Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About This Position:
As a Salesforce Developer, you will work closely with program managers, functional area leads, and subject matter experts in the identification, development and support of business solutions based on industry-leading enterprise platforms. You will demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical skills by recommending solutions and improvements that can be accomplished through technology.
This position will be based in Seattle, Washington.
- Drive the innovative use of Salesforce.com as an enterprise business platform for a rapidly growing and evolving company.
- Developing custom solutions within Salesforce (Apex/Visualforce/Lightning Framework) and other object-oriented (Java) enterprise applications.
- Perform technical analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications with necessary customization.
- Champion best practices, guide and influence team on leveraging such practices.
- Seek out ways to utilize SFDC to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Research and find opportunities to utilize SFDC best practices, guidelines to improve system productivity, scaling and monitoring
- Drive user story analysis, elaboration and design. Thrives to ensure code quality is high with supporting unit test, on time delivery. Self-managing to come up with pre-sprint technical design and grooming activities.
- Ensure effective collaboration throughout all phases of development, testing and deployment
- Maintaining the documentation to assist sales operations team
- 3+ years of Salesforce developer experience.
- Experience with database models and querying languages (e.g., SQL, HQL).
- Strong Salesforce customization and configuration experience in Salesforce Service cloud
- Experience with Release Management, Source Control, and Deployment concepts and technologies such as Salesforce DX, SFDC Metadata API, ANT, Jenkins, Git
- Experienced with data management and data migration principles and application
- Experience working with technical and business stakeholders from global cross-functional teams.
- Experience in Salesforce Pardot as a component
- Salesforce Certifications required; Certified Platform Developer 1 required and Certified Platform Developer II preferred
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.