Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, WeChat, LINE, Grab and GoJek. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About this position:
Foursquare is hiring a Client Solutions Analyst to help support the Asia business development effort based out of Singapore. In the Foursquare Asia office, the team is cross functional and self-sufficient, but works very closely with teams across the US. Foursquare Asia has business across Korea, Japan, China, HK, TW, Southeast Asia, and Australia, and this role will support new business efforts across a range of markets and cultures. Because the team in Singapore is small, we all contribute to multiple parts of the business and the opportunity to grow professionally is high. The role will also give you the opportunity to visit our HQ in New York and connect with American colleagues across the US.
In this role, you will be working across a range of functions including:
- Analyzing Foursquare data quality and coverage, and identifying strengths and weaknesses across the Asia and global dataset
- Working with engineering and product teams at Foursquare HQ in the US to help manage data projects and coordinate in-market needs with US resources
- Helping with client evaluations of our services, providing data pulls and visualizations to help clients understand our offering
- Coordinating with community support and local Foursquare Super Users to lead data cleanup projects and keep the user base informed and engaged.
- Helping with new business prospecting and market research to identify targets for new business development.
- Well organized and strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Experience building applications or services using a variety of 3rd parties (AWS, Heroku, Azure, Facebook, Google Cloud, etc)
- Exposure to building out commercial software using at least one of the following languages: Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java
- Experience with using statistical and relational analyzing to guide decision making using Structured Query Language (SQL).
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.