Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About this Position:
Foursquare is looking for a Product Manager to help execute and rapidly scale a new offering launched earlier this year, Data Solutions, to meet its exponential growth remit in 2020. Data Solutions leverages Foursquare’s trove of location data to empower other industries to drive insights and optimizations through the seamless integration of data. We are looking for someone who’s comfortable working on an enterprise product and can juggle technical concepts across web applications, data engineering, and machine learning.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams at Foursquare to identify and execute ideas through the product development process
- Partner with engineering to manage the day-to-day engineering process and ensure projects are well scoped, clearly communicated, and tracking on time
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to identify dependencies and ensure teams are aligned
- Conduct market and user research to develop ideas to help inform the product strategy and vision for the team
- Experience: 1-3 years professional working experience either as a PM or in another technical or analytical function such as business/product analyst, engineering/sales engineering.
- Technical: You have a keen interest in technology and can juggle quickly learning and applying concepts across the development of web applications, data systems and engineering, as well as building with machine learning.
- Analytical: You’re detail-oriented and can construct a narrative for using data in order to drive decision making process, SQL is a nice-to-have.
- Communication: You’re a strong communicator, both written and orally. You enjoy working with complex concepts and distilling them down so that anyone can understand them. You’re comfortable working cross functionally with stakeholders and can work with a senior PM to manage competing needs to drive alignment and resolution.
- Organizational skills: You can juggle a multitude of projects, effectively working with senior members of the team to prioritize and focus on the most impactful work for the product.
- Intellectual Curiosity: You have a keen interest in technology, business, and design. You look outside your day to day to ensure you keep learning and growing.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.