Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About This Position:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Finance & Accounting Associate to support the daily financial operations in our rapidly changing environment. You will be responsible for key items in the month-close, reviewing work of your direct reports, proper application and understanding of GAAP, improving and creating new processes, and working cross-functionally with multiple departments. The Senior Finance Associate will be reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Finance.
- Manage/mentor 1-2 Finance Associates
- Manage the full lifecycles of the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, including collections
- Assist with the month end close process including preparation/review of monthly sales invoicing, and accruing expenses/revenue
- Prepare necessary journal entries as needed with supporting documentation
- Assist in the annual financial statement audit
- Assist in the preparation of income and sales tax returns
- Review all employee expenses in accordance with the company’s expense policy
- Respond to vendor and customer inquiries
- Improve the Company’s existing internal and existing financial reporting to provide more visibility
- Prepare all related schedules for balance sheet rollforward
- Work with business partners on policies and processes including sales, legal, and business development
- Support and handle the overall details of the company’s accounting and financial needs
- Develop, maintain, and improve an effective internal control environment
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
- 3+ years of experience in finance or accounting (public (Big 4)/private mix preferred)
- 1+ years of management & mentorship experience overseeing a small team or at least 1-2 employees
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field
- CPA/MBA is a plus!
- Experience at a publicly traded company a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to hit strict deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and a team player
- An ability to work in a rapidly changing and fast-paced environment
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce a plus
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.