Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About This Position:
Foursquare’s Enterprise team takes on the challenges of working with the world’s largest consumer enterprises to leverage the data produced by our consumer apps, and the power of the Foursquare Pilgrim SDK. We build tools and products that allow employees and clients to derive rich and meaningful insights about the real world. As a Sales Engineer, you will work closely with our business development team, in the pre-sales process, to tailor Foursquare enterprise products as solutions for partners. You will be the technical expert on all things Foursquare, and be the technical voice in the room when architecting solutions to meet our partners’ needs.
We are looking for a candidate who is ready to bring new ideas to the table, who loves to dig into the sales engineering process to find creative solutions for partners, and who can quickly understand, discuss, and deliver the value proposition of the Foursquare promise to technologists and business people alike. You will engage with some of the world’s most cutting-edge and influential technology companies in building new features to integrate into our products.
- Enable Foursquare’s partners to be successful with Foursquare enterprise products by serving as the primary technical point of contact with Foursquare enterprise partners in the pre-sales process
- Work with Sales and Business Development teams to identify business opportunities leveraging and building location solutions tailored to partners needs
- Understand and be the subject matter expert on all things Foursquare data; grok all our inner workings and nuances but be able to articulate them to both nontechnical and technical people
- Combine your knowledge of Foursquare products and solutions, together with strong technical and business expertise, in order to creatively come up with the best solution for our partners
- Present yourself as a code-native with a “just do it” attitude; although you’re joining a BD team, you’re as technically-minded as any software engineer, where you’re not afraid to open up a terminal to run some curl’s, use your favorite text editor to whip up a script, or even learn a new programming language—all in the name of helping our partners succeed
- Manage and work on high-profile partnerships and relationships; your job is to interface with the outside world as much as it is with key stakeholders inside Foursquare and have a high degree of empathy
- Share a deep understanding of APIs, mobile development, and back-end architecture; you understand the tradeoffs that customers’ engineers make every day and can help them make the best decisions
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role or proven success as a technical subject matter expert.
- 2+ years of relevant experience working with modern technologies, like SQL, Linux, RESTful APIs, mobile, web transport, and cloud platforms
- 2+ years of working within a multi-product, enterprise-focused organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or another technical field
- Strong data analysis skills, and the ability to identify trends, outliers, correlations and reconciliation needs across large data sets
- Drive to keep current with technology trends and understand the competitive landscape
- Passion for technology and a love for working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deliver and communicate technical topics to a business audience, and vice versa
- Ability to work independently, while managing multiple accounts and projects simultaneously; you are able to juggle many tasks at the same time, while prioritizing and having a sense of urgency
- Intellectual curiosity, great problem-solving skills and passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to travel as required, approximately 25% of the time
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.