Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About this Position:
Foursquare is looking for a Director of Product for our Developer & Consumer Experiences division, which owns our suite of developer products (Pilgrim SDK & Places API), consumer products (Foursquare City Guide & Swarm and various Placed apps) and our R&D team Labs. You’ll be responsible managing a team of product managers, working cross-functionally with the senior management team and developing a strong vision for your product areas.
- Develop long term strategy, vision and priorities for your team
- Partner with engineering leads to ensure team of PM’s, designers and engineers are operating effectively at all levels
- Manage cross-team dynamics to ensure the entire team is successful, proactively instituting process improvements across the organization
- Plan the structure of your team, managing headcount, succession planning, external hires and internal transfers
- Motivate your team through a variety of strategies to ensure they are engaged and connected to the larger company mission
- Communicate status and challenges to upper management and across to stakeholders
- Present a compelling narrative of the division and company strategy to large groups both internal and external to Foursquare
- Own the OKR setting process for your teams, working closely with business partners to ensure all teams working towards the same goals
- Manage the performance of your team of product managers, including providing regular feedback, holding recurring 1:1’s, writing performance reviews, determining compensation, making promotion decisions, evaluating team against ladder, leveling up the skill set of your PMs, helping PMs set career goals, coaching through difficult situations, providing honest critical feedback
- Create a transparent, collaborative and dynamic team culture, embracing Foursquare’s core values and serving as a model to the organization
- Review and provide feedback on roadmaps, strategic plans and feature specs
- Work closely with the product leadership team to set standards for the product team
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the domains in your division and provide guidance to the leadership team into customer needs, business strategy, marketplace dynamics and competitors
- Attend conferences and customer calls, gathering information from current and prospective customers as well as helping close deals
- Stay up to date on product development across the company, identifying dependencies, potential impact to your team, and opportunities for to drive larger impact
- Experience: You have 7-10+ years product management experience on mobile consumer and developer platform products. Bonus: experience in location space and/or with SDKs
- Management: You have directly managed a team of 2+ product managers
- Execution: You have led multiple product teams which are able to execute consistently, delivering quality projects of the broadest scope and impact on time
- UX: You are passionate about creating intuitive, simple user experiences. You have a strong eye for usability and quality design. You are a strong partner to and advocate for design
- Technical: You are comfortable working with engineering leadership to prioritize broadly and you understand technical complexities of your product areas
- Analytical: You have a good grasp of experiment design, statistical analysis and multivariate testing. You can use data to set OKRs, create dashboards to monitor product health, review analyses from across the company and develop basic models
- Organizational skills: You are able to manage multiple teams with stakeholders across the organization. You have experience working closely with business & marketing partners
- Diplomatic: You know how to work with all different types of personalities, and can navigate tough conversations
- Adaptive: You are curious, optimistic and a skilled problem-solver. You embrace the unknown and are able to adapt to shifts in priorities
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.