Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions and consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquare’s business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, and Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; and drive deeper engagement via Foursquare’s industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter and Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide and Swarm. Over the past 10 years, we’ve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map and models fresh and up-to-date.
About this position:
Placed Powered by Foursquare is the market leader in location-driven insights and ad intelligence. We're a fast-growing organization headquartered in New York City, focusing on connecting the physical and digital worlds to give brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks the ability to target location at scale, measure the offline impact of ads and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior.
We’re looking for a Technical Ad Operations Specialist to join the Placed Powered by Foursquare Attribution team! Working closely with both internal and external teams, you will be responsible for the day-to-day strategic and tactical engagement on all aspects of technical implementation for measuring clients’ advertising campaigns. Working from our New York City office, you’ll collaborate with Client Services, Product, and Engineering to support measurement and reporting setup of new products and data feeds for all client reporting purposes.
- Onboard new media partners and manage technical setup within the Placed platform
- Manage, develop, and traffic Placed pixels for measuring client ad campaigns, both directly with Media Partners as well as with Agencies
- Be the expert on pixel, macro, and tagging solutions to ensure third parties are utilizing Placed products correctly. This includes debugging via browser related tools
- Monitor incoming pixel activity to ensure campaigns are being tracked properly
- Troubleshoot campaign issues and quickly resolve discrepancies
- Ensure there are proper communication channels amongst internal teams regarding campaigns
- Own and be an expert on internal tools and analysis
- Collaborate with Product team to develop new tools as needed to make your job more efficient
- 2+ years of experience in digital Ad Ops
- A great depth of understanding on the online advertising industry: desktop, mobile (web/in-app), video, and display technologies, as well as measurement platform knowledge
- Search integration experience (SA360/GoogleAds/Bing/Kenshoo/Marin)
- Experience working with large Publishers, Ad Networks, Ad Exchanges, DSPs, and DMPs
- Knowledge of cross-device matching and partners
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or command line/SQL scripts
- Comfortable working with large data sets using a variety of tools
- Ability to write adserver specific pixels with appropriate macros
- Expertise in providing client-ready discrepancy reporting
- A self-starter who can work autonomously to build strong cross-functional relationships
- Familiarity with ad serving tools and rich-media solutions, as well as with Placed and/or other location-based measurement companies
- Previous experience in the agency space
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.