Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About the role:
Foursquare is looking for a Product Manager to own our Web Platform, which connects our suite of enterprise and developer products. You’ll be responsible for building key components that can be leveraged across products, and ensuring that customers have a seamless experience across their journey. You will have your own team of engineers and designers, but will often need to partner with other development teams to ensure alignment in functionality, user flows and technical integration. As our web expert, you will both provide input and drive web features for individual product lines as needed.
- Lead product for our Web Platform, including feature development, roadmap and backlog of feature requests
- Develop pieces of core infrastructure to be leveraged across multiple product lines
- Think long term about the future of the platform, and create solutions that will support future growth and multi-product usage by customers
- Work closely with other product managers and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies and releases
- Support the Performance Marketing team with their web presence, including top of funnel splash pages, lead generation and signup flows
- Be the internal expert on user stories and workflows on the Foursquare web platform as well as industry-leading technologies in web development
- Engage directly with customers to gather feedback, understand user pain points and uncover opportunities
- Ensure consistent experience across the web platform by establishing UX standards and style guide with design
- Experience: You have 3 - 5 years product management experience on web-based products, preferably on an enterprise SaaS product.
- UX: You are passionate about creating intuitive, simple user interfaces. You seek out user research and behavioral data to generate insights about product improvements. You have a strong eye for usability and quality design.
- Technical: You are comfortable leading a team of engineers through development. You are able to communicate features clearly. You understand technical complexity and can work with an engineering lead to weigh tradeoffs and prioritize requirements. You have experience defining requirements for web & mobile-responsive platforms.
- Analytical: You have a good grasp of experiment design, statistical analysis and multivariate testing. You can use metrics to measure feature success and product health. SQL skills a plus.
- Organizational skills: You are able to manage multiple work streams with stakeholders across the organization. You have experience working closely with business & marketing partners.
- Follow-through: You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You don’t let details slip.
- Write: Succinctly.
- Diplomatic: You know how to work with all different types of personalities, and can navigate tough conversations.
- Curious: You are curious, optimistic and a skilled problem-solver. You embrace the unknown & are always learning.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.