At FourKites we have the opportunity to tackle complex challenges with real-world impacts. Whether it’s medical supplies from Cardinal Health or groceries for Walmart, the FourKites platform helps customers operate global supply chains that are efficient, agile and sustainable.
Join a team of curious problem solvers that celebrates differences, leads with empathy and values inclusivity.
FourKites is looking for a Senior Strategic Director, Ocean to be the subject matter expert on our Ocean solutions in order to drive the product roadmap forward, increase market adoption and support the Sales team. You are a self-starter with proven "outside-in" thinking, creativity and a can-do attitude. You communicate an inspired and optimistic vision and win over colleagues, customers and business partners alike with your articulate communication and relationship skills. You are a strong leader and have successfully led cross-department projects teams in the past. This is a full-time remote position that will require occasional travel to prospects and customers globally.
- Develop, revise, and execute a comprehensive strategic business plan for our Ocean solutions
- Partner with Marketing to design and execute demand generation campaigns
- Work with Marketing to guide collateral development (white papers, blogs, thought-leadership articles) related to Ocean solutions
- Work with Product to oversee and influence the product roadmap based on industry knowledge and direction, ‘voice of the market’, as well as prospect and existing customer requests
- Work with Sales to identify core enterprise customers and prospects, work with Account Executives to help close opportunities
- Work with Value Engineering to help map the benefits of Ocean solutions to the various customers’ business requirements
- Internally train, educate and support other team members to become more proficient in selling and implementing these solutions
- Monitor competition to consistently present FourKites as the leader in the space
- Build an exhaustive network and generate prolific referrals
- 7+ years of industry expertise in Ocean transportation
- 7+ years of business experience as a senior level supply chain practitioner or management consultant with a prime consulting firm
- Must have proficiency in end to end supply chain processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to create and deliver formal business presentations. Proven ability to engage on a peer-to-peer level with C-level executives at Fortune 100 companies
- Consultative and value based solution selling expertise
- Ability to drive innovative transformation to deliver competitive advantage for the client
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the latest innovations in software technology such as AI, ML, NLP, etc.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to manage cross-functional team and work with senior management
- A self-starter with proven results in driving software innovation adoption
- Action oriented, “Can-do” attitude with proven ability to support complex projects and engagements with large accounts
- This role may require 25% to 50% travel globally
We know that job postings can be intimidating, and research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. We encourage you to apply if you think you may be a fit and give us both a chance to find out!
Who we are
FourKites® is the #1 supply chain visibility platform in the world, extending visibility beyond transportation into yards, warehouses, stores and beyond. Tracking more than 2.5 million shipments daily across road, rail, ocean, air, parcel and courier, and reaching over 185 countries, FourKites combines real-time data and powerful machine learning to help companies digitize their end-to-end supply chains. More than 1,000 of the world’s most recognized brands — including 9 of the top-10 CPG and 18 of the top-20 food and beverage companies — trust FourKites to transform their business and create more agile, efficient and sustainable supply chains.
FourKites provides competitive compensation with stock options, outstanding benefits and a supportive culture for all employees around the globe. To help you be your best, we have 5 global recharge days, in addition to standard holidays, and a hybrid, flexible approach to work. Parental leave for all parents, an annual wellness stipend and volunteer days also provide you with time and resources for self care and to care for others. Throughout the year, FourKites sets aside time during the workday to learn and celebrate diversity. And we're always listening for new ways to support everyone in and out of the office.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.