Be part of an innovative engineering team by joining one of the country’s fastest growing startups that is reshaping the supply chain industry, and was identified as FreightWaves top 100 in 2020.
The Principal Front End Engineer will lead the front end development practice at FourKites. This is a hugely transformational role working with the product, user experience and engineering teams across the company. You will act as a coach and player to create the best supply chain platform that users across 100 countries cannot get enough of!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Architect solutions and execution through design, prototyping & hands-on development
- You will help build a design system and front end frameworks to span our product family.
- You will lead by example and inspire engineering to rise to the next level
- Collaborate with a UX/UI designer and other front-end and middle-tier engineers to design, prototype, and build complex cloud-based security applications
About the team:
Our global Engineering team is passionate, curious, and innovative. We work across two geographically distributed cities on two separate continents to collaboratively deliver industry disrupting solutions, offering Fortune 1000 customers real-time visibility, predictive intelligence, advanced analytics, and many more exciting products to power their transportation world. Our innovative team is composed of full stack and back end developers, and the Principal Front End Engineer will be a driving force behind our future design and front end initiatives.
Who You Are:
- Strong experience in designing & architecting complex user interfaces. You’ve been there, done that. This is not your first rodeo.
- 12+ years of experience building highly scalable, high performance, responsive web/SPA applications.
- Deep understanding of Design Patterns and applicability.
- CI/CD is a done deal. Experience in TDD, BDD etc. You were convinced testing was important a decade ago and are rolling your eyes this is still a thing in the JD.
- Hands on experience with the following technologies:
- Build stack Grunt, Gulp, Yeoman, Bower, Webpack, Node, NPM
- CSS: Bootstrap/Foundation/Materialize/Semantic UI
- Experience visualizing data or generating charts/graphs
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Full stack development is a big plus.
- Having customer facing experience is a plus.
FourKites is the largest predictive supply chain visibility platform, delivering real-time visibility and predictive analytics for the broadest network of Global 1000 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes, including truckload, LTL, ocean, rail, intermodal, last mile and parcel. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.