As an Architect, you will be responsible for all products shipped out by the engineering team including selection of technologies, architecture, development, QA, dev-ops and their performance. Innovation and challenging the status quo are two of our core values.You will work closely with our US team and customers to develop features that help shape the logistics and supply chain industry.
Technical Skills :
- 8+ years work experience as a Sr.Data Engineer, Data Architect, ETL Developer or similar role.
- You should be passionate about technology and well versed with new technologies and the global best practices. You will be responsible for all products shipped out by the engineering team including selection of technologies, architecture, development, QA, dev-ops and their performance. Innovation and challenging the status quo are two of our core values.
- Expertise in designing data ingestion platforms and data curation - from data sources like files/Api. Raw layer, conform/exploratory layer etc.
- Data Modeling concepts 3NF and Dimensional
- Worked on cloud integration/ cloud DWH implementation. (AWS/GCP/Azure RedShift, Snowflake etc. )
- Worked on Big Data related projects
- Experience in implementing groups and security around data
- Experience of any industry standard ETL/workflow Tools such as Mulesoft/Infa/Talend/airflow and BI visualisation tools (Tableau, Looker others).
- Microservices / API based, loosely coupled architecture
- Containerization - Docker
- Orchestration - Kubernetes
- Good understanding of DevOps and processes
- Agile Software Development
Soft Skills :
- Good communication skills, with a confident personality.
- Ability to communicate well to both technical and non-technical staff
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; Able to handle challenging situations and act appropriately.
- Excellent learning skills; must learn and also guide other members of the team on their knowledge.
- Should be a self-starter; Takes responsibility and ownership, and is self-driven.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as ability to work within a team
- Good Team player; Commitment to high-quality output and service.
- Own data intake/ingestion platform.
- Responsible for helping with building data pipelines using mulesoft, java/scala and SQL.
- Responsible for data management across multiple data systems: data governance, data mastering, meta-data management, data definitions, symantec-layer design, data taxonomies and ontologies
- Help evaluate existing data models across products and find out outliers and recommend
- Responsible for data security and compliance
- Leading proof-of-concept projects
- Cross-training peers and mentoring teammates
Who we are?
FourKites is re-shaping the logistics industry for real-time transparency and efficiency. FourKites provides comprehensive real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms.
We have Fortune 100 shippers and Transporters, Top 25 Freight Brokers as our customers.
We love what we do, and we love the impact we have already driven for the clients we work with. We believe in empowering our employees to be the absolute best they can be, and we aren’t afraid to have a little fun in the process.
FourKites India Private Limited based in Chennai is a wholly owned subsidiary of FourKites, Inc. and is responsible for engineering the technology that powers FourKites logistics platform. We offer great benefits and a world of opportunity for those who excel.
Be a part of the emerging team and do something that matters.
With the first of its kind, FourKites provides comprehensive innovative real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms. Using FourKites, the shipper, the broker, and the carrier can share the same, real-time truck location and shipment status information - from more than 45 onboard GPS/ELD (The electronic logging device (ELD) ) systems used by fleets to individual owner-operator smartphones and flip phones. Bypassing phone calls and EDI, FourKites saves time and money across the transportation spectrum. Best of all, nothing falls through the cracks.
Latest achievements and Awards:
- Made to the WSJ’s List of 25 Tech Companies to Watch in 2018
- For the second consecutive year, FourKites, the leading real-time tracking platform is recognized for providing unrivalled visibility and connectivity has been selected as a Top Logistics IT provider by Inbound Logistics
- Winner of the 15th annual Chicago innovation awards
- Named as one of two firms powering transportation technology in Chicago
- Chicago Innovations 50 on Fire winner
- Recognized as one of best startup to work by Great Place to Work.
We believe in getting creative to support businesses of all sizes & that true innovation is fuelled not only by technology but by the power of relationships. We work closely with our customers and other team members to inspire solutions that don’t just fix problems, but prevent them, and create lifelong brand advocates in the process.
Get a chance to work with top minds from the industry and make an organisation wide impact.
we’re focused on success as a company first while maintaining a fun environment to work in.