As a Senior Software Engineer, you are responsible for producing and implementing functional software solutions. In this role, you will be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Design, architect, implement, test, profile, release, and optimize highest quality software/services using Golang/RoR/Python
- Partner with product manages to analyse product requirements and plan engineering execution
- Document HLD/LLD for easy knowledge sharing and future scaling
- Perform design and code reviews
- Implement code with very high coverage of unit tests and component tests
- Cross-training peers and mentoring teammates
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, security, scalability, architecture, and best practices
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- Collaborate with UX designers to develop responsive user interface components
- 5+ years of experience designing, integrating, and developing distributed applications in Ruby, Go, Java, or other high-performance languages
- Experience with Service design, systems engineering, API Design and versioning
- Understanding of Design Patterns, Server less computing, cloud first architecture, TDD, BDD, CI/CD, Integration Patterns
- Experience in building web application using JS frameworks like React, Angular, Backbone or jQuery etc
Good to have
- Experience building distributed systems using Kafka. Strong grasp of fundamental concepts of Kafka, ZooKeeper and building producer and consumer applications using Kafka
- Experience with cluster and container orchestration systems such as Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Salt or Kubernetes.
- Familiarity writing and optimizing advanced SQL queries
- Good Linux/UNIX systems knowledge
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Experience publishing technical papers in reputed conferences.
Education Qualification: Graduate from B.E/B.Tech/MCA/M.Tech/M.Sc Background.
Who we are?
FourKites is re-shaping the logistics industry for real-time transparency and efficiency. FourKites provides comprehensive real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms.
We have Fortune 100 shippers and Transporters, Top 25 Freight Brokers as our customers.
We love what we do, and we love the impact we have already driven for the clients we work with. We believe in empowering our employees to be the absolute best they can be, and we aren’t afraid to have a little fun in the process.
FourKites India Private Limited based in Chennai is a wholly owned subsidiary of FourKites, Inc. and is responsible for engineering the technology that powers FourKites logistics platform. We offer great benefits and a world of opportunity for those who excel.
Be a part of the emerging team and do something that matters.
With the first of its kind, FourKites provides comprehensive innovative real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms. Using FourKites, the shipper, the broker, and the carrier can share the same, real-time truck location and shipment status information - from more than 45 onboard GPS/ELD (The electronic logging device (ELD) ) systems used by fleets to individual owner-operator smartphones and flip phones. Bypassing phone calls and EDI, FourKites saves time and money across the transportation spectrum. Best of all, nothing falls through the cracks.
Latest achievements and Awards:
- Made to the WSJ’s List of 25 Tech Companies to Watch in 2018
- For the second consecutive year, FourKites, the leading real-time tracking platform is recognized for providing unrivalled visibility and connectivity has been selected as a Top Logistics IT provider by Inbound Logistics
- Winner of the 15th annual Chicago innovation awards
- Named as one of two firms powering transportation technology in Chicago
- Chicago Innovations 50 on Fire winner
- Recognized as one of the best startup to work by Great Place to Work.
- Forbes Magazine recognized FourKites as Next Billion Startup to look for.
We believe in getting creative to support businesses of all sizes & that true innovation is fuelled not only by technology but by the power of relationships. We work closely with our customers and other team members to inspire solutions that don’t just fix problems, but prevent them, and create lifelong brand advocates in the process.
Get a chance to work with top minds from the industry and make an organisation wide impact.
we’re focused on success as a company first while maintaining a fun environment to work in.