Are you collaborative? Forward-thinking? Eager to solve complex challenges with creative solutions? Do you feel inspired seeing the tangible impact of your work? You’re in good company at FourKites. We love what we do, and we believe in empowering our employees to take ownership, take pride in their work, and have some fun in the process. Join us!
As an Engineering Manager, your roles and responsibilities include:
- Provide technical leadership for major projects, build and manage a team of engineers.
- Manage your business goals, contribute to product strategy and help them grow with regular & deep mentoring. Perform regular performance evaluation and share and seek feedback.
- Set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions
- Work with designers, business analysts, Quality analysts and product managers to estimate and plan projects in an Agile environment
- Perform well in uncertainties and collaborate and work with unclear interfaces to other teams in our rapidly evolving organizations
- Manage product lifecycle and release
The ideal candidate has the following profile:
- Overall 10-15 years of software development experience with at least 2-5 years of team leading/management experience
- At least 4 years of managerial experience
- B.E/ B. Tech in Computer Science or Equivalent
- At least 2 years of experience in Ocean/rail/intermodal logistics
- Strong CS fundamentals in DS, Algorithms, and Problem Solving for a wide variety of problem spaces and technologies
- Expert coder in any modern language such as Ruby, Golang or Scala.
- Experience in creating large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed web applications with databases, and designing web services, APIs, data models and schemas, using SQL or NoSQL.
- Experience in Cloud environments, such as AWS.
- Comfortable in Windows and Linux environments.
- Comfortable with different data storage solutions such as Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, ElasticSearch, SQL, Hadoop, or MongoDB.
- Worked in Agile environments previously.
- Good command of development metrics, methodologies, and tools.
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies
- Implemented complex third-party integrations
- Have transitioned software from monolithic to microservices
Who we are? (https://www.fourkites.com/)
FourKites is re-shaping the logistics industry for real-time transparency and efficiency. FourKites provides comprehensive real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms.
We have Fortune 100 shippers and Transporters, Top 25 Freight Brokers as our customers.
We love what we do, and we love the impact we have already driven for the clients we work with. We believe in empowering our employees to be the absolute best they can be, and we aren’t afraid to have a little fun in the process.
FourKites India Private Limited based in Chennai is a wholly owned subsidiary of FourKites, Inc. and is responsible for engineering the technology that powers FourKites logistics platform. We offer great benefits and a world of opportunity for those who excel.
Be a part of the emerging team and do something that matters.
With the first of it's kind, FourKites provides comprehensive innovative real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms. Using FourKites, the shipper, the broker, and the carrier can share the same, real-time truck location and shipment status information - from more than 45 onboard GPS/ELD (The electronic logging device (ELD) ) systems used by fleets to individual owner-operator smartphones and flip phones. Bypassing phone calls and EDI, FourKites saves time and money across the transportation spectrum. Best of all, nothing falls through the cracks.
Latest achievements and Awards:
- For the second consecutive year, FourKites, the leading real-time tracking platform is recognized for providing unrivaled visibility and connectivity has been selected as a Top Logistics IT provider by Inbound Logistics
- Winner of the 15th annual Chicago innovation awards
- Named as one of two firms powering transportation technology in Chicago
- Chicago Innovations 50 on Fire winner
We believe in getting creative to support businesses of all sizes & that true innovation is fueled not only by technology but by the power of relationships. We work closely with our customers and other team members to inspire solutions that don’t just fix problems but prevent them and create lifelong brand advocates in the process.
Get a chance to work with top minds from the industry and make an organization-wide impact.
we’re focused on success as a company first while maintaining a fun environment to work in.