The Technical Writer will help to create scalable, high quality technical content and documentation for FourKites’ Internal documentation site. You will be part of the Product team and have a key role in shaping FourKites’ internal documentation, support and training programs. This role will require you to work across multiple teams –typically from Product, Engineering, Support, Training teams and Marketing teams. The teams in FourKites is distributed and embraces asynchronous communication.
- As a member, you'll need strong communication skills and the ability to build working relationships with coworkers in the different locations.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality technical (product + API) documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
Role summary/Ideal Candidate :
- 3 - 5-yrs of proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Confluence, JIRA , Swagger is desirable
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology
- Build processes with engineering, product, and other teams at FourKites to ensure the quality of existing and new documentation.
- Drive FourKites’ internal documentation strategy going forward