Are you collaborative? Forward-thinking? Eager to solve complex challenges with creative solutions? Do you feel inspired seeing the tangible impact of your work? You’re in good company at FourKites. We love what we do, and we believe in empowering our employees to take ownership, take pride in their work, and have some fun in the process. Join us!
As an Engineering Manager, your roles and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for data ingestion, data storage, data pipeline management, master data and data science engineering platform.
- Create a vision and strategy to improve coverage of data sources, and introduce new product data, to empower products. Define an intake process for new data requests.
- Own data quality as a business outcome. Continually work with product teams and data science to understand how to improve data quality.
- Create data quality dashboards for providers and internal stakeholders.
- Champion a SaaS business model and externalisation of customer specific customisations in the data mapping/intake process.
- Build an inventory of data needed to implement architecture and create a vision for how data will flow through the organisation.
- Responsible for data management across multiple data systems: data governance, data mastering, meta-data management, data definitions, symantec-layer design, data taxonomies and ontologies
- Delivering highly-scalable and flexible, cost-effective enterprise data solutions thus facilitating development of architecture patterns and standards.
- Designing and documenting data architecture at multiple levels (high-level to detailed) and across multiple views (conceptual, logical, physical, data flow and sequence diagrams)
- Keeping fluent in the industry and marketplace evolution--staying current with vendor product offerings and common and emerging data solutions in use across the industry; continuously learning new data technologies and introducing these into the organisation
- Cross-training peers and mentoring teammates
- Understanding of Evolutionary Architectural Practices, TDD, CI/CD, Integration Patterns
- Expertise in data modelling and design, for both structured and unstructured data
- Deep working experience with at least one world class data integration platform e.g. Informatica, Mulesoft, Streamsets, Quble, Alooma, etc.
- Understanding of managing data pipelines, data quality, data operations, scaling pipelines on demand
- Deep understanding of data lifecycle with a strong focus on data security.
- Expertise with all aspects of data management: data governance, data mastering, meta-data management, data taxonomies and ontologies
- Expertise in architecting and delivering highly-scalable and flexible, cost effective, cloud-based enterprise data solutions
- 10 years hands-on data experience in large-scale and complex data solutions development projects. Loves data data data!
- Is a people champion and enjoys working in a highly collaborative, dynamic startup environment. Is open to some travel.
- Exposure to with AI/ML and predictive analytics is a plus.
Who we are?
FourKites is re-shaping the logistics industry for real-time transparency and efficiency. FourKites provides comprehensive real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms.
We have Fortune 100 shippers and Transporters, Top 25 Freight Brokers as our customers.
We love what we do, and we love the impact we have already driven for the clients we work with. We believe in empowering our employees to be the absolute best they can be, and we aren’t afraid to have a little fun in the process.
FourKites India Private Limited based in Chennai is a wholly owned subsidiary of FourKites, Inc. and is responsible for engineering the technology that powers FourKites logistics platform. We offer great benefits and a world of opportunity for those who excel.
Be a part of the emerging team and do something that matters.
With the first of it's kind, FourKites provides comprehensive innovative real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms. Using FourKites, the shipper, the broker, and the carrier can share the same, real-time truck location and shipment status information - from more than 45 onboard GPS/ELD (The electronic logging device (ELD) ) systems used by fleets to individual owner-operator smartphones and flip phones. Bypassing phone calls and EDI, FourKites saves time and money across the transportation spectrum. Best of all, nothing falls through the cracks.
Latest achievements and Awards:
- For the second consecutive year, FourKites, the leading real-time tracking platform is recognised for providing unrivaled visibility and connectivity has been selected as a Top Logistics IT provider by Inbound Logistics
- Winner of the 15th annual Chicago innovation awards
- Named as one of two firms powering transportation technology in Chicago
- Recognized as one of the best startup to work by GPTW
- Chicago Innovations 50 on Fire winner
We believe in getting creative to support businesses of all sizes & that true innovation is fuelled not only by technology but by the power of relationships. We work closely with our customers and other team members to inspire solutions that don’t just fix problems but prevent them and create lifelong brand advocates in the process.
Get a chance to work with top minds from the industry and make an organization-wide impact.
we’re focused on success as a company first while maintaining a fun environment to work in.