Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Vice President of Cloud and Technical Operations is a key leader responsible for all technical operational responsibilities across the organization.
The position requires an experienced technology professional with the right mix of relevant experience and roll up your sleeves attitude, an ability to flex between strategic and tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and passion to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented product development environment. They will be an operations leader who embodies FourKites’ leadership principles of leading by example, communicating openly, enabling and inspiring others, excelling with partners, acting decisively, and collaborating effectively.
Support & Operations
- Own creation and development of a world class 24x7 function for application support and data operations. Approach the development of the function with a scrappy startup mindset.
- Lead development of back-office tools to support technical and data troubleshooting needs.
- Drive Incident, Problem Management, Root Cause Analysis and other operational processes.
- Own internal IT systems and Help Desk functions to support internal clients.
Cloud Infrastructure & Release Management
- Drive world class DevOps practices and cloud infrastructure automation. Create standards for how environments are used and supported.
- Adept at Cost & Budget Management. Forecasting and planning activities for infrastructure and software procurement.
- Govern compliance of controls over release management and infrastructure for SOC2 and other certifications.
- Develop a global distributed team with the right mindset and cultural match.
- Define and implement the utilization project performance metrics (KPIs) and indicators for progress utilizing metrics to provide a data-centric view of performance and to direct ongoing improvement efforts that will impact outcomes.
- Communicate and drive adoption and alignment of standards, policies, and procedures across the organization.
- Lead M&A technology due diligence and integration related to new products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology; a Master's degree preferred
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in engineering and operations roles
- 3+ years of experience with Enterprise SaaS solutions and cloud technologies.
- Experience setting up and running a network operations center, L1/2/3 support model and service level management.
- Solid general management capability with skills in the following areas: strategy, operational excellence, collaboration and innovation
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
- Experience in hiring, training, mentoring and managing 20+ globally distributed workforce
- Exceptional knowledge of Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues to support the strategic goals
- Thorough understanding of cloud deployment and cloud operations in AWS.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure capabilities such as Amazon VPC, EC2, ELB, and AWS Auto Scaling.
- Experience managing high availability services, various AWS Data services, data protection and management services.
- Career wise, has ‘grown up’ with an engineering organization that strives for a service oriented architecture and continuous delivery. Understands release management processes in such an environment. Can bring discipline and rigor in the process.
- Experience with cloud native application architecture
- Has a larger operations background than engineering.
- Prefers enabler mindset over governor. Creates collaborative relationships with cross functional teams and is a strong advocate of system reliability and availability.
FourKites is the fastest-growing predictive supply chain platform, backed by top-tier VC firms in Silicon Valley, Boston and Chicago, delivering real-time visibility and execution for Fortune 500 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance, and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes including ocean, rail, parcel and over-the-road. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security. We look for smart, agile, creative team players who are ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver for our customers.