Want to help reshape logistics technology and achieve direct user impact for the hottest startup in Chicago?
Our team at FourKites is seeking a Senior Director, Global User Experience who can be located anywhere in the U.S. but available to visit the Chicago office monthly.
The right person for this role has a track record of leading a team, understanding user objectives, needs and preferences, and translating these insights into intuitive, compelling, easy and effective experiences. You will partner with product and engineering leadership to create an environment that enables us to deliver enterprise-grade functionality, with a consumer-grade experience.
You will influence and inspire everyone from executive leadership, to cross-departmental teams, to not only understand, but evangelize the business value of creating a beautifully, and thoughtfully-designed product that delivers value for our Fortune 500 shippers, and our carrier partners.
What you'll do:
- Provide leadership, mentoring, vision and direction to the UX team across the FourKites product suite
- Lead the process of implementing and scaling our design methodologies and systems
- Serve as a champion for user experience across groups, and with executive leadership
- Nurture talent while cultivating the user experience organization
- Source, attract, and hire the best talent
- Collaborate at the leadership level to create clarity out of ambiguity, and deliver clear messages and strategies to our teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users' unique needs, through various research techniques
- Champion and implement design strategies that evoke loyalty and delight from our user base
- Serve as a design advocate externally for FourKites, at industry events, conferences, and recruiting events
What we're looking for:
- BS/Masters in Human Interaction or similar
- 7+ years of UX/UI design experience, 4+ years of design leadership experience managing a large team of designers
- Comprehensive understanding of how to apply modern design principles in practice, in the context of a hyper-growth environment
- Demonstrated experience designing complex workflows and interfaces for desktop or mobile products, proven by a portfolio that highlights recent work and your design decisions
- History of inspiring and building a cohesive vision
- Available to travel to India office quarterly
- If REMOTE, available to travel to Chicago monthly
FourKites is the fastest-growing predictive supply chain platform, backed by top-tier VC firms in Silicon Valley, Boston and Chicago, delivering real-time visibility and execution for Fortune 500 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance, and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes including ocean, rail, parcel and over-the-road. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security. We look for smart, agile, creative team players who are ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver for our customers.