Senior Engineer Software Development (Full stack)
Are you collaborative? Forward-thinking? Eager to solve complex challenges with creative solutions? Do you feel inspired seeing the tangible impact of your work? You’re in good company at FourKites. We love what we do, and we believe in empowering our employees to take ownership, take pride in their work, and have some fun in the process. Join us!
As a full stack Software Development Engineer, you will get an opportunity to work on features end to end (backend & frontend) using latest technologies such as Golang, Ruby, Ruby On Rails, AngularJS, Redis, PostgreSQL, etc. You will develop products that can change the logistics landscape and will be used by some of the biggest corporations in the world. You will develop integrations with our strategic partners to help expand our ecosystem. You will work closely with our US team and customers to develop features that help shape the logistics and supply chain industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering or related field from a reputed institution.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Software Engineering and Web application development.
- Excellent programming skills in an object oriented programming language
- Good understanding of software design, MVC architecture, Micro services architecture, object-oriented principles, and design patterns.
- Experience building RESTful APIs backed by unit tests and QA testing tools.
- Strong knowledge of Git (branches, submodules, rebasing) and other Agile tools such as JIRA & Confluence.
- Agile SDLC experience
- Experience in messaging systems such as Kafka/RabbitMQ
- Experience in Golang, NodeJS a big plus
- Experience in Amazon Web Services or other cloud services is a plus.
- Experience in leading teams will be a plus
- Develop new platform features and Backend REST API's following industry-standard best practices for software design, development and testing
- Integrate a test suite of unit, functional and integration tests into new feature development
- Determine areas for platform re-factoring
- Critical issue resolution for emergencies & production issues
- Software development and integration
Who we are?
FourKites is re-shaping the logistics industry for real-time transparency and efficiency. FourKites provides comprehensive real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms.
We have Fortune 100 shippers and Transporters, Top 25 Freight Brokers as our customers.
We love what we do, and we love the impact we have already driven for the clients we work with. We believe in empowering our employees to be the absolute best they can be, and we aren’t afraid to have a little fun in the process.
FourKites India Private Limited based in Chennai is a wholly owned subsidiary of FourKites, Inc. and is responsible for engineering the technology that powers FourKites logistics platform. We offer great benefits and a world of opportunity for those who excel.
Be a part of the emerging team and do something that matters.
With the first of its kind, FourKites provides comprehensive innovative real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms. Using FourKites, the shipper, the broker, and the carrier can share the same, real-time truck location and shipment status information - from more than 45 onboard GPS/ELD (The electronic logging device (ELD) ) systems used by fleets to individual owner-operator smartphones and flip phones. Bypassing phone calls and EDI, FourKites saves time and money across the transportation spectrum. Best of all, nothing falls through the cracks.
Latest achievements and Awards:
- Made to the WSJ’s List of 25 Tech Companies to Watch in 2018
- For the second consecutive year, FourKites, the leading real-time tracking platform is recognized for providing unrivalled visibility and connectivity has been selected as a Top Logistics IT provider by Inbound Logistics
- Winner of the 15th annual Chicago innovation awards
- Named as one of two firms powering transportation technology in Chicago
- Chicago Innovations 50 on Fire winner
- Recognized as one of the best startup to work by Great Place to Work.
We believe in getting creative to support businesses of all sizes & that true innovation is fuelled not only by technology but by the power of relationships. We work closely with our customers and other team members to inspire solutions that don’t just fix problems, but prevent them, and create lifelong brand advocates in the process.
Get a chance to work with top minds from the industry and make an organisation wide impact.
we’re focused on success as a company first while maintaining a fun environment to work in.