- Excellent Problem Solving skills for complex problems.
- 4 year Bachelor degree in Computer Science Engineering or Information Technology. MS is a plus
- Ideally 15+ years of relevant industry experience. Experience from Start-ups highly desired.
- Technical Breadth Exposure to a wide variety of problem spaces, technologies.
- Experience architecting distributed systems on web for large scale enterprise systems
- Extensive experience to Service Oriented Architecture and Micro services
- Deep knowledge, understanding & experience of working with a large variety of multi-tier architectures. Awareness of pitfalls & use cases for a large variety of solutions.
- Expensive experience in building distributed web applications for performance and scale
- Expertise in Design Patterns
- Expertise in cloud IaaS and PaaS
- Expertise in relational databases and db internals
- Exposure to NoSQL databases and expertise in at least one NoSQL database (Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience & expertise in a variety of large scale persistent systems including large databases.
- Exposure to BigData technologies such as Hadoop stack and streaming technologies such as Kafka & Spark
- Excellent communication skills and an influencer
- Hands on and excellent programming skills
- Experience in network fundamentals, load balancer, WAF, etc.
- Experience in predictive algorithms and data sciences
- Up to date on latest technology trends and industry trends
- Deep understanding & experience of high performance web scale & real-time response systems
- Exposure to complete product development cycles From inception to production to scaling up, supporting new requirements, re-architectures - the Principle Architects should have seen it all and ideally in multiple cycles. Should have been part of scalable product development cycles with either large data handling or large transaction processing exposure for 5+ years.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Have taken large technology decisions, core to the products that you've been associated with
- Comfortable working in fuzzy environments where boundaries aren't clearly defined
- Proven experience as a leader capable of motivating and energising the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect. Be the technical mentor to your team.
Who we are? (https://www.fourkites.com/)
FourKites is re-shaping the logistics industry for real-time transparency and efficiency. FourKites provides comprehensive real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms.
We have Fortune 100 shippers and Transporters, Top 25 Freight Brokers as our customers.
We love what we do, and we love the impact we have already driven for the clients we work with. We believe in empowering our employees to be the absolute best they can be, and we aren’t afraid to have a little fun in the process.
FourKites India Private Limited based in Chennai is a wholly owned subsidiary of FourKites, Inc. and is responsible for engineering the technology that powers FourKites logistics platform. We offer great benefits and a world of opportunity for those who excel.
Be a part of the emerging team and do something that matters.
With the first of its kind, FourKites provides comprehensive innovative real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms. Using FourKites, the shipper, the broker, and the carrier can share the same, real-time truck location and shipment status information - from more than 45 onboard GPS/ELD (The electronic logging device (ELD) ) systems used by fleets to individual owner-operator smartphones and flip phones. Bypassing phone calls and EDI, FourKites saves time and money across the transportation spectrum. Best of all, nothing falls through the cracks.
Latest achievements and Awards:
- Made to the WSJ’s List of 25 Tech Companies to Watch in 2018
- For the second consecutive year, FourKites, the leading real-time tracking platform is recognized for providing unrivalled visibility and connectivity has been selected as a Top Logistics IT provider by Inbound Logistics
- Winner of the 15th annual Chicago innovation awards
- Named as one of two firms powering transportation technology in Chicago
- Chicago Innovations 50 on Fire winner
- Recognized as one of best startup to work by Great Place to Work.
We believe in getting creative to support businesses of all sizes & that true innovation is fuelled not only by technology but by the power of relationships. We work closely with our customers and other team members to inspire solutions that don’t just fix problems, but prevent them, and create lifelong brand advocates in the process.
Get a chance to work with top minds from the industry and make an organisation wide impact.
we’re focused on success as a company first while maintaining a fun environment to work in.