Want to disrupt one of the largest industries in the world? Fortera is a Materials Technology Company headquartered in Silicon Valley that has created a new low-cost, low CO2 cement that can reduce cement emissions by 60% and global CO2 emissions by 5%. The technology is inspired by nature and directly converts CO2 into a replacement for ordinary cement, turning a problem into a product. With over ten years of testing and 100,000 hours of R&D backing the technology, Fortera is ready to grow the team and begin commercial production of this exciting new product. Be on the ground floor of a carbon-to-value movement that will impact millions for generations to come. We are looking for passionate thinkers, doers, and problem-solvers who share our vision that big challenges are big opportunities for change. Visit www.ForteraUSA.com for more information.
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will lead all our financial planning processes, accounting operations, investment decision analyses, and development of business insights. This role will have key responsibility in raising venture capital and equity for financing. The CFO will function as an advisor to the CEO and Board of Directors on developing and executing the strategic business plan for the organization. This person will be a key member of the executive leadership team and will have overall responsibility for the finances and financial strategy of the company. The ideal candidate is a strong leader experienced in financing capital intensive projects, accounting operations, and is passionate about fostering strong relationships with leadership teams. In this highly collaborative role, you will develop close relationships across teams in helping to guide business strategy and lead initiatives.
- Providing leadership, direction, and management of the finance and accounting teams
- Driving the company's financial planning
- Performing risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Deciding on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO/president and members of the executive management team
- Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets, and overseeing the preparation of all financial reporting
- Overseeing project finance efforts
- Manage company’s fundraising efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or CFA preferred
- CPA or mastery of accounting practices
- 10+ years of Finance experience in high growth startups as the senior most Finance person at the company (Head of or VP Finance or higher) running Accounting, Financial Operations, BizOps and FP&A
- Ability to translate complex business operating models and operational indicators into financial performance
- Private company valuation experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Highest degree of integrity, professionalism, and maintenance of confidentiality
Fortera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.