Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling intentionally and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
Flock Safety is looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to join the growing product design team. As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll design products that delight our customers and help eliminate crime.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional product design skills that are user-centered and the technical knowledge to tackle complex customer problems and insights while collaborating with other designers, engineers, and product managers to research, define, and iterate on solutions for both web and mobile. You will have the opportunity to use your entire range of design skills to push the boundaries of what is possible in our mission to create a safer and more equitable society.
At Flock, we are working towards redefining the entire user experience for the first public safety operating system. To do this, we structure our team around designers who are eager to learn, play well with others, and advocate for users. This role reports to the Director of Product Design, and is a key member of the Design Team and is perfect for a talented designer who’s ready to launch their career at a hyper-growth, mission-driven, tech company.
How you'll make an impact:
- Design elegant UI, user flows and interactions across platforms.
- Build, shape and evolve the Flock Design System for both web and mobile.
- Develop design initiatives for the Flock OS platform, collaborate closely with stakeholders and customers to understand the problem, iterate on thoughtful solutions and validate those designs through user testing and prototyping.
- Experienced and confident in visualizing concepts quickly to communicate ideas to stakeholders.
- Help guide, advise, and inspire your fellow designers and colleagues.
- Produce high-quality work in a fast-paced, complex, and sometimes ambiguous environment. Ability to juggle multiple (often competing) priorities and goals without compromising quality.
- Champion user-centered design practices grounded in research, customer insights and data, user journeys, testing, and prototyping.
- Humility, curiosity, and a passion for sharing knowledge.
We're looking for people who:
- Minimum 5 to 6 years of cross-platform UX/UI design experience (Web, Android, iOS).
- Expert technical knowledge and demonstrable experience in building design systems, libraries, and style guides.
- Outstanding visual design and UI skills (Including color, layouts, iconography, and typography.) Focused on pixel perfection.
- Expert knowledge in prototyping and ideation tools. Figma mastery is a must and knowledge of Zeplin is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of design methodologies in user research and testing.
- Ability to give and receive design feedback from other designers and cross-disciplinary partners and not take it personal.
- Clear written and verbal communication style.
- A high-quality portfolio that shows both web and mobile products showing how you resolved complex design challenges through research and testing.
Feeling uneasy that you haven’t ticked every box? That’s okay, we’ve felt that way too. Studies have shown women and minorities are less likely to apply unless they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to break the status quo and apply to roles that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values, click here.
Why Join Us?
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people working to eliminate crime is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more
- 91% of our employees recommend working here
- We have an audacious goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% over the next three years
- 5% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock, and we help to solve ~200 crimes a day
- We partner with 2100+ cities and 1500+ agencies across the US and process 1.5B+ images a week (we process more images than Instagram 🤯)
💰Salary & Equity: In this role, you’ll receive a starting salary of $130,000-$150,000 as well as stock options
🌴Use what you need PTO: We seriously mean it, plus 11 company holidays and your birthday off!
⚕️Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees: including Medical, Dental, and Vision and an HSA match.
👪Family Leave: We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers.
🍼Fertility & Family Benefits: We have partnered with Maven, a complete digital health benefit for starting and raising a family. We will reimburse $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility.
🧠Mental Health: All employees receive an annual subscription to Headspace
💖Caregiver Support: We have partnered with Cariloop to provide our employees with caregiver support
💸Carta Tax Advisor: Employees receive 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors who can address individual grants, model tax scenarios, and answer general questions.
💻WFH Stipend: $150 per month to cover the costs of working from home.
📚L&D Stipend: $250 per year to use on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly and so much more.
🏠Home Office Stipend: A one-time $750 to help you create your dream office.
🏢Coworking Space: If you’re not local to our ATL HQ, we’ll provide $250 a month to get you set up with an All Access Membership to WeWork (or a local coworking space in your area).
🐾Pet Insurance: We’ve partnered with Pumpkin to provide insurance for our employee’s fur babies.
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.