Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote first experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised approximately $400M in venture capital including a recent Series E round by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a $3.5B valuation, Flock is scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of eliminating crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- How To Succeed at Flock Video
- Life on Our Sales Team Video
- Flock’s Series E Announcement
- How We Stop Crime and Protect Privacy
- Flock’s Framework
- Ethics Center
Flock Safety is looking for a motivated and strategic-minded individual to join our Customer team as our Customer Success Manager, working with our Law Enforcement clients on the west coast.
While this will be remote, the expectation is that the individual will spend much of their time (virtually or in-person) with strategic law enforcement customers along with homeowners associations in the region. The Customer team is focused on three pillars: customer satisfaction, retention, and growth. This is not a sales role with things like quotas; rather, it’s a market ownership role where you are focused on facilitating growth and retention through a combination of hustle and relationship-building. Satisfied customers renew their Flock Safety subscriptions because they feel supported and understand the value of the product. Markets grow through a variety of tactics - some examples: connecting local press with great stories of Flock cameras being used to solve crime; organizing a community event between the local police department (who you’ve turned into Flock advocates) and neighborhood association leaders from around the city interested in eliminating non-violent crime; sharing access to private license plate reader cameras with law enforcement.
The ideal Customer Success Manager is excited to be the CEO of their market, own relationships with their customers, and be the face and voice of Flock Safety. Customer Success Managers will know their markets inside and out, leveraging their relationships and communication skills with key customers to foster growth in the markets. They will always be innovating, seeing what works and what doesn’t, and sharing their learnings throughout the organization. This role is especially exciting because the Market Managers will partner directly with local police departments and neighborhood associations to help our mission of eliminating non-violent crime.
Customer Success Managers contribute to the growth and expansion of their markets and are trusted resources for their customers - answering one-off support questions, managing key accounts, demonstrating the product, educating and training new customers, and more. This role will require exemplary time management skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, critical thinking, a desire to solve customer problems, and effective communication throughout the customer experience.
How you'll make an impact:
- Bridge the gap between private and public customers to create communities focused on eliminating non-violent crime
- Create raving fans - we have a product that our customers truly love; it’s up to you to make sure that your market’s customers are seeing value from it
- Constantly identify new ways to grow your market through a combination of grassroots market development and leveraging your happy customers (be they neighborhoods or police departments)
- Manage key accounts from the moment a customer signs their contract through renewal
- Be the internal voice of the customer (because no one knows them as well as you do!) - effectively communicate thoughtful and actionable feedback to teams across Flock (i.e. Product, Sales, Marketing) to help drive amazing customer experiences and enable market growth
- Create strategic partnerships with police departments and homeowners associations within a geographic region
- Work closely with our public relations and marketing team to increase awareness and press coverage in your markets
- Translate software functionality into terms that any customer can understand
We're looking for people who:
- Have 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing role (Market Management, Market Operations, Business Development, Growth & Expansion, Account Management, Customer Success), ideally in a high-growth technology company
- Are highly adaptable individual who embraces change and knows how to pivot when confronted with new challenges
- Enjoy building scalable processes from scratch
- Communicate clearly and concisely about both technical and non-technical subject matter
- Are excited about working on a fast-paced, constantly evolving product -- and be comfortable with ambiguity
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once
- Exhibit a passion for providing exceptional customer service
- Have a willingness to travel as needed
- Nice to haves: experience working remotely, experience working with law enforcement, general understanding of the license plate reader concept and market, know the surrounding area well
Our general interview process is outlined here.
This opportunity is fully remote but requires you to live on the West Coast.
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values, click here.
Why Join Us?
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more.
- 94% of employees recommend working at Flock Safety
- Incredible product-market fit. Flock fits that “goldilocks” set of price, functionality, and service
- We are scaling quickly and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
- Uniquely mission-driven company. Making communities safer through objective, evidence-based technology.
- 3% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock
- Flock cameras help solve ~200 crimes/day
- 70% of all crime involves motor vehicles
- 2100+ cities with private cameras
- 1500+ agency relationships across the US
- 1B+ images processed a month (we process more images than Instagram)
- In this role, every full-time employee receives equity (stock options) in the company and a minimum starting salary of $70,000.
- We offer unlimited PTO and twelve paid holidays (Your Birthday, New Year’s Day, MLK Jr Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve)
- We offer fully-paid health benefits plan for employees, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and six weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers
- We provide $150 per month work from home allowance
- We provide a $250 per year L&D stipend that can be used on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, and so much more
- Each new hire receives a one-time stipend of $750 to assist with expenses that come with setting up a home office
- We provide employees who are not local to the ATL headquarters with coworking space access paid for by Flock
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.